Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Tharkun W3s Installed (pics) - 11/03/05 02:57 AM
Installed the W3s over the weekend and picked up the P3 yesterday. Today the A23 and the Polk XM arrived, so have everything connected now. Took a few pics:

Still need to install the binding posts/covers on the wall boxes for the speaker to amp connections, and finish up some wiring this week. Will take a few pictures of the completed system.

Posted By: tomtuttle Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/03/05 05:45 AM
Does Dennis buy the best toys, or what?

Nice. Really nice.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/03/05 05:46 AM
Did I mention I'm available for adoption? I'm even house trained.
Posted By: Ajax Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/03/05 12:44 PM
OK! Who stole my post? I posted in this thread last night, and it's not here this morning. Nobody leave the room! You're all under arrest! (Sigh! I musta had a senior moment )

I don't know why I'm going on about it, all I said was "Very Nice, Dennis. The W3s look GREAT mounted on the wall. Even better than I'd imagined."
Posted By: Tharkun Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/03/05 04:54 PM
Appreciate the kind comments, I'm happy with the new system, its much like a smaller version of the HT system, and for only using two speakers, the sound is simply amazing so far.
Posted By: RickF Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/03/05 05:45 PM
The system is looking mighty fine, Dennis. Be sure and keep us updated on the Polk XM tuner if you don't mind!
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/03/05 06:15 PM
Looks great. What is that, a raised floor?

That parasound looks stunning. I gotta imagine it sounds as great as it looks.
Posted By: RickF Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/03/05 06:40 PM
In reply to:

Looks great. What is that, a raised floor?

I was curious about that myself.

Posted By: Tharkun Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/03/05 07:18 PM
The new and unfinished project is a two tier raised platform which has 26 drawers for storage. Actually the oak laminate floor is going to be replaced with a laminate slate floor. As soon as I have the ambition to remove the custom made bed and night stands, which wieghs over 1,400 pounds. lol
Posted By: koiman Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/03/05 10:13 PM
OK Dennis,
You got your Polk xrt 12 yesterday, I got mine today so now we are even.

This is my Stereo setup.

Posted By: LightninJoe Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/03/05 10:48 PM
I didn't know there was such thing as a "Reference" sat radio tuner. Will wonders never cease?
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/03/05 11:26 PM
Yeah - you'd better watch that vortex you have in the bedroom, there. You're likely to fall into the twilight zone if you get up in teh middle of the night to pee and aren't too careful....

About the set-up - the installed W series looks a lot like those wall sconces that some people install in their HTs. Maybe some custom lighting just above the speaker is in order.

As always, I'm jealous...

So, fill us in. Is it independent wealth or do you spend all of your money on HT toys?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/04/05 01:10 AM
but Dennis takes better pictures, so now you're un-even.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/04/05 01:14 AM
Depends if the new remote gets ordered. lol
Posted By: koiman Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/04/05 01:48 AM
I have to admit my Digital camera is pretty old..
Posted By: thyname Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/04/05 02:49 AM
Guys, I like your Parasound Halos and NADs!! They really compete with my Rotel :-)
Posted By: Tharkun Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/04/05 03:36 AM
Actually Lee has Adcom.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/04/05 02:43 PM
Hey Dennis would you mind posting a side view of the wall mounted w3. if you have the time thanks
Posted By: Tharkun Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/05/05 05:16 AM
Was over at Lees today tracing down a Polk problem. He was the unlucky one this time and managed to receive a defective unit. I hope to finish up the Halo/W3 system this weekend and will be taking some better pics of the W3s from differant angles.
Posted By: richeydog Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/06/05 09:35 AM
Dennis, you got that w3/halo system installed yet? hehe
I wonder how these look in person?

Posted By: pmbuko Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/06/05 09:53 AM
Fresno is only a short day trip from Tracy.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/06/05 06:25 PM
Looks like Michael is being funny. Actually he arrived here yesterday about 1pm with his pair of Rocket RS-550s, and headed home about 11pm. Was great meeting him in person and I enjoyed being able to actually hear Rockets on the Halos in my listening area. The rosewood cabinets are very impressive, and in my opinion well worth the additional cost over Axioms. As for the differance in sound of Rockets/Axioms, I'm not getting into that, to me that is totally subjective.
I want to thank Michael again for packing up his Rockets and hauling them up here, they are not exacly light weight speakers.
Posted By: richeydog Re: W3s Installed (pics) - 11/06/05 08:53 PM
Yes I was being funny. Thank you Dennis for welcoming me into your home. I felt very comfortable in your presence. Anyone who lives nearby should pay him a visit. You won't regret the experience. I looked like this after watching Batman Begins.

Just a quick note here...The W3's are very impressive. They sound good out of the wall but improve quite a bit while in the wall. A larger fuller sound is how I would describe the changes(sonically) that took place. Two thumbs up!

© Axiom Message Boards