Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jakeman Now Ian says he needs 4 subs! - 12/06/05 11:05 PM
Yes its true. While we have been talking up a storm about the headroom and smooth response of quad subs now Ian plans to convince Amie he needs another pair of 500s as well to go with his 600s. Good holiday addition Ian for that big 20 x 24 cathedral room! Congrats.
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Now Ian says he needs 4 subs! - 12/06/05 11:13 PM
Good gawd that sounds awsome! I plan on adding a second EP500, but it's going to have to wait untill after the holidays.

Sutter
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Now Ian says he needs 4 subs! - 12/06/05 11:42 PM
Its only money my friend, and you can't take it with you as you know...
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Now Ian says he needs 4 subs! - 12/06/05 11:47 PM
In reply to:

Its only money my friend, and you can't take it with you as you know.

My thoughts exactly!

Sutter
Posted By: jakeman Re: Now Ian says he needs 4 subs! - 12/07/05 03:18 AM
Yes. Life's short so you might as well enjoy it with great sound(and more subs!) Here's to dual and quad subs for the holidays. My second 600 and two 500s will hopefully be ready in the next 2 weeks.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Now Ian says he needs 4 subs! - 12/07/05 03:23 AM
John, congratulations! It apparently took you and Craig for Ian to recognize the inadequacy of his mere two EP600s!
Posted By: jakeman Re: Now Ian says he needs 4 subs! - 12/07/05 03:34 AM
Yes its funny John. He's been wanting to go for quad subs for a while but got vetoed. But seeing how the customers are going for it, he's got the green light now.

I noticed right away the difference when I added the 600 to keep the Ultra company so going for quad subs should raise the headroom and sound quality up another notch. Ian's room is quite large so he should easily benefit from quad subs.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Now Ian says he needs 4 subs! - 12/07/05 07:30 AM
Yes John, four subs may satisfy Ian, Craig and you for the moment, but where will all of this end? You may recall that in the Harman paper prepared by Dr. Toole and his colleagues simulations were run using 50 subs and 5,000 subs. The possibilities seem to be endless!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Now Ian says he needs 4 subs! - 12/07/05 02:14 PM
I see that some home theater web ites("Monsters" M-Design, fer instance) recommend using four subs right from the start!!
Posted By: Amie Re: Now Ian says he needs 4 subs! - 12/07/05 02:19 PM
{Amie is reaching for the phone}
Posted By: Ajax Re: Now Ian says he needs 4 subs! - 12/07/05 02:53 PM
SIC 'IM AMIE!!!!!!!!

John in BIG trouble now.!
Posted By: littleb Re: Now Ian says he needs 4 subs! - 12/07/05 03:17 PM
Can't he just go to work, load up the SUV with as many as he wants.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Now Ian says he needs 4 subs! - 12/07/05 03:23 PM
I think Ian would need to send Amie on a trip out of town before trying to take any more 600s home. LOL
Posted By: jakeman Re: Now Ian says he needs 4 subs! - 12/07/05 03:47 PM
Hey your right John. As you keep adding subs there is incremental though diminishing improvement. 4 is max for me. This is where the WAF should kick in. In a way wives function like good limiters on subs, otherwise we would all be driven to excess.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Now Ian says he needs 4 subs! - 12/07/05 03:51 PM
In reply to:

50 subs and 5,000 subs

It seems to me that you getting to the point where tearing down the house and starting with the "subwoofer foundation" (I can't find the link to that photo ) sounds pretty good.
Posted By: rcvecc Re: Now Ian says he needs 4 subs! - 12/11/05 09:53 PM
how nice it would be to have one sub for each speaker having them all set to large and crossed over to what each speaker was rated for and then having a couple for the lfe
© Axiom Message Boards