Axiom Home Page
Posted By: michael_d Trading post / for sale board - 01/22/06 06:55 PM

Why isn’t there one here? Has this been brought up before?

Posted By: Wid Re: Trading post / for sale board - 01/22/06 06:57 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing one myself. I don't see what it would hurt as long as the objects didn't conflict with what Axiom sells.
Posted By: ratpack Re: Trading post / for sale board - 01/22/06 07:01 PM
Might be interesting to see what happens!!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Trading post / for sale board - 01/22/06 07:14 PM
As long as you're not selling speakers or subwoofers, seems like a great idea.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Trading post / for sale board - 01/22/06 08:40 PM
Why not? I'm sure there's lots of folks with Axioms that would like to traid up, or simply trade for a differnt speaker. I'm not sugesting it being a vendor outlet for new gear, just used stuff. Hell, it could even be for power tools.

I only asked because there are several other boards that have a "for sale" "wanted to buy" section. And as often as audio nuts are constantly buying the latest / greatest gizmos, why not offer to sell the replaced gizmo to a small community where there's already some level of trust?
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Trading post / for sale board - 01/22/06 09:36 PM
Agreed.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Trading post / for sale board - 01/23/06 03:35 AM
I have always thought it was a good idea. It has been mentioned before but seems to die a rather fast death.

Posted By: bridgman Re: Trading post / for sale board - 01/23/06 03:58 AM
I think the main reason the idea dies is that this board is run by Axiom and they end up liable if there are any problems. Apparently buy/sell boards get sued on a regular basis. Ebay has teams of lawers; the forums claim "hey, we don't have any assets, sue us if you like", but Axiom doesn't fall into either of those camps.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Trading post / for sale board - 01/23/06 04:01 AM
Ditto to John B.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Trading post / for sale board - 01/24/06 03:29 AM
What the Johns said. Also, just in case anyone's getting the idea that we could sell/trade Axioms here, that's a definite no-no. Remember that the company that owns these boards is in the business to sell speakers, not facilitate their sale by others.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Trading post / for sale board - 01/24/06 02:32 PM
Besides, there are enough places on the internet to go seel your stuff. Why not just use those sites that are already established for such purposes?
© Axiom Message Boards