Axiom Home Page
Posted By: blackorp surge protector on ebay question??? - 01/30/06 12:00 AM
anyone buy surge protectors on ebay. do you know if company like tripp-lite will cover damages if you buy from an ebay seller (private indiv, not a ebay legit store)???

i am thinking of picking one up as their prices are very good.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: surge protector on ebay question??? - 01/30/06 02:27 AM
I have a Tripplite HTPowerbar10. If you check Google you'll find lots of dealers that should be the same or better than the Ebay price. Not sure if the warrantly is tranferable from a private party.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: surge protector on ebay question??? - 01/30/06 04:45 AM
Imho, since you are spending a good deal of cash on your HT setup, don't skimp on something for a few dollars less, that might not have protection you need.
Posted By: blackorp Re: surge protector on ebay question??? - 01/30/06 04:55 AM
I definately agree with you HomeDad.

think i should get the Tripplite HTPowerbar10 for $100 u.s. ??? or the Belkin 9-Outlet SurgeMaster® Maximum Series(2655 Joules)??? Would anyone of them be enough for tv,cable box, receiver, vcr, dvd, etc....

Posted By: SirQuack Re: surge protector on ebay question??? - 01/30/06 05:02 AM
I love my Tripplite and it has great specs. Also, if you look around and use Google, Froogle, Yahoo Shopping, etc... you can find it for under 100 bucks. I think I paid about 89 for mine a few months ago including shipping...

Posted By: JohnK Re: surge protector on ebay question??? - 01/30/06 05:35 AM
Blackie, a surge suppressor could possibly be of benefit in some cases. One of the units available at a reasonable price, such as this Tripp-Lite could be considered.
Posted By: blackorp Re: surge protector on ebay question??? - 01/30/06 06:07 AM
that's a really good deal. However, i live in canada and buy.com won't ship it to me. I'll try and look around for that model, but it is tough for canadian shoppers. I see all the best deals down in the states.
© Axiom Message Boards