Axiom Home Page
Posted By: chesseroo fhw and Arcam (or other Arcam users) - 08/15/02 10:10 PM
Has anyone heard or even seen this particular Arcam machinery?
arcam fmj home theatre
Opinions?
Posted By: fhw Re: fhw and Arcam (or other Arcam users) - 08/16/02 05:35 PM
Hey, Chess.

The FMJ series is Arcam's top-end line. I have no idea what the home cinema separates will cost, though I suspect the pre/pro and amp combo will be similar in price to separates by Anthem, Sunfire, etc.

Most of the Arcam electronics win award after award in the British press (in the UK, Arcam is HUGE and outsells Denon), and I have no doubt the FMJ will sound just about as good as a HT system can get.

Is something wrong with your Onkyo, or have you won the lottery?
Posted By: chesseroo Re: fhw and Arcam (or other Arcam users) - 08/16/02 06:08 PM
Well i did buy my super7 tickets for tonights draw but i would prefer to think of the Arcam FMJ as the pinnacle of what i dreamed of buying when i first started this purchasing spree.
The Onkyo is excellent. I really do love the sound. But as any enthusiast always does, i go looking for something bigger, something potentially better and anything out of my price range.
I haven't heard anything Arcam yet though so i'm curious.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: fhw and Arcam (or other Arcam users) - 08/19/02 05:56 PM
arcam is #($&@(&!@ amazing stuff, better than denon and onkyo.

i just wish i could afford it.

when i get richer, the decision will be between arcam and outlaw audio
Posted By: chesseroo Re: fhw and Arcam (or other Arcam users) - 08/19/02 09:58 PM
Got this from a UK website that had prices listed for FMJ Arcam equipment.
Cdn equivalent multiplied by about 2.4.

Arcam FMJ 7 Ch. Power Amplifier
£2499.95 ($6000 Cdn)

Arcam
FMJ AV8 AV Processor
£2999.95 ($7200)

Posted By: ravi_singh Re: fhw and Arcam (or other Arcam users) - 08/20/02 12:49 PM
Chess,

thanks for the info! Now I need to take a few weeks and mull over buying equipment so good I'll only use 10% of its goodness, or put a down payment on a house...

I'll get back to you on that one!
© Axiom Message Boards