Axiom Home Page
Posted By: michael_d which test disk? - 02/10/06 05:38 PM
I need a test disk to set up the sub and can't find one locally, so I have to order one. Looking for input on what to buy.

Amazon is selling a "DISCWASHER 1509 Home Theater Calibration Discr" that apearently helps to calibrate TV video as well.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: which test disk? - 02/10/06 06:05 PM
This may be the way to go.
Link
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: which test disk? - 02/10/06 07:29 PM
Mike, for what it's worth, I got the Sound and Vision disk. It is okay, but left me wondering whether I should have gotten the Avia disk instead. Some people like Digital Video Essentials. I think any of those three will help you with video as well as audio calibration.
Posted By: moridin Re: which test disk? - 02/10/06 09:21 PM
You may also want to consider the free option of this: a zip file of MP3s ranging from 10-300 Hz in 1 Hz increments (10 seconds each frequency) plus a track of wide-band pink noise. Of course, you need to have a CD burner to make this easy. Here's a link to the Real Trap article discussing the test tones and how to use them.
Posted By: michael_d Re: which test disk? - 02/11/06 01:02 AM
Thanks guys.

That download is pretty cool. I was able to use it to set the sub's volume and X-overs. The 500 has a vibration between 80-95 hz. Good thing I'm upgrading to the 600.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: which test disk? - 02/11/06 01:52 PM
I've got the Diskwasher 1509, it is ok, but to be honest you can do better with the realtraps or other downloads as they let you check the whole spectrum of frequencies instead of just using a pink noise scenario.

As Tom mentioned, Avia and DVE probably would give you the best options if you want to spend the money.
© Axiom Message Boards