Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ajax Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 02:59 AM
I have what I consider to be some really nice looking Dolby and DTS plaques. I got to wondering if there would be any interest in seeing Axiom produce something similar.

These are made of 1/2 inch thick shiny black acrylic that are routed out to give the plaque relief. The routed out sections are painted. Everything in gold is routed out. They are 15 1/2 inches wide by 8 inches high. This sounds kinda big, but I find their size to be just right; big enough to be seen easily without being obtrusive.

Each plaque has a sawtooth hanger on the back, and two rubber bumpers at each lower rear corner so they hang evenly and securely on the wall.

Feel free to post any comments that come to mind, like price you would be willing to pay, color of lettering, like silver, blue, gold, etc.

Posted By: bridgman Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 03:03 AM
Oh...

... I saw the title and figured it was about brushing and flossing...
Posted By: bigwill2 Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 03:04 AM
Woohoo, I was first to vote!

How about those happy face/sad face theater faces with Axiom underneath instead?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 03:10 AM
Lol, I thought the same thing, this board has been getting a little wacky in the last few weeks
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 03:15 AM
And the nevers take the lead! I like seeing them in other people's homes, but I don't want them in my own. I already know what my system can do, and my memory isn't going yet.
Posted By: bigwill2 Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 03:17 AM
Seems more appropriate for the garage.
Posted By: Spoiler Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 03:19 AM
They ARE great looking... just not my style to display them.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 03:24 AM
Mr. tact, as usual.
Posted By: bigwill2 Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 03:28 AM
I have a nice garage.

Beautiful new motorcycle in it too. Wanna see a pic?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 03:28 AM
I like them, I think they would look great in a room dedicated to HT.
Posted By: bigwill2 Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 03:41 AM
Yeah, I can see that.
I still like the theater faces idea though.
Posted By: RickF Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 03:55 AM
I just can't see any of these plagues hanging in my house, nothing against the product ... it's just not our style.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 04:11 AM
A HT is not a HT without plaques. Jack, I really like your plaque's, did you build them yourself? I just printed some Hi-Res Denon, DD, DTS, THX, and my own DIY Axiom prints on a high quality printer at work, and put them in some black frames with plastic covers.

I love advertising my equipment, but again I have a true HT room.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 04:39 AM
No, they were made by a guy over at the av123 forum (right here in the USA, BigWill )
Posted By: royce73 Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 04:50 PM
Is he still selling them? I think about purchasing some for my dedicated room.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 07:07 PM
Nope. For some reason he stopped making them.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 08:02 PM
i have a dedicated room so i would put them up especially the ones you have Jack they are nice. i voted for the wood axiom's though i think if the plaque could be wrapped in the same vinyl as my speakers (boston cherry) and then had the axiom logo (bigger than the one on the speakers obviously) that would be a nice accent.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 08:02 PM
Threatened with a lawsuit for corporate lawyers, perhaps?
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 08:11 PM
So I was talkin' to G'Ma about the options listed for various styles, and was just kiddin' about a way to make some, and sell them a bit more cheaply just for fun.

I was just Kiddin' and wouldn't have really said it!!!

But she says "Don't you dare say that!"

I said "huh?"

She angrilly again says "Don't You Dare Say That!!!"

The outcome is inevitable:....

"How bout some made out of particle board covered with contact paper, just like our speakers!"

.....I was Only Kiddin'!!!

I had to say it; I just had to!! I was given no options

Of course I won't tell her that I did!
Anonymous.

Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 08:20 PM
I was just thinking, I remember my sister had a picture frame that would actually backlight a real picture, and make it glow.

If someone had lighted plaques (they would probably have to be photo paper in a frame with a couple LED's or lightbulb behind them) they would look killer towards the entrence of the room, or maybe even on the sides.

Then...maybe hardcode them into your receiver so the DTS lights up when the DTS is in use, when the dolby.......that might be going too far. :P

Speaking of plaques, I was seriously thinking about putting one of these on my dorm room door. They might be appropriate for some of you guys too.
Posted By: AdamP88 Re: Plaque Poll - 02/17/06 09:59 PM
Put me in the never crowd. For me it's like putting a "Powered by Honda" sticker on your Honda. Um....duh?

Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Plaque Poll - 02/18/06 01:01 AM
I find it interesting that only about forty folks voted! Out of four Thousand!! I'm also surprised that there weren't more people voicing interest! In other instances of discussion on this topic, there seemed to be more folks at least semi-excited!

...or at least semi-curious

If a model were offered by Axiom, I believe I would be interested. I don't know for sure where I would display one; perhaps where I display other similar items of favorite things.

But yeah; acrylic, wood, Carrera marble, anything suitable would certainly be worth a serious look!

Now, what about the other 99% who haven't voted yet?
Rich.

Posted By: AshBoomstick Re: Plaque Poll - 02/18/06 10:14 PM
In reply to:

For me it's like putting a "Powered by Honda" sticker on your Honda. Um....duh?

is "Honda" the hamster's name?
Posted By: Gkarf Re: Plaque Poll - 02/19/06 06:58 AM
Sorry, don't even do bumper stickers. Guy
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Plaque Poll - 02/19/06 01:33 PM
..and I never have dealer stickers on my cars either.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Plaque Poll - 02/19/06 02:13 PM
I agree guys, I never put bumper stickers or dealer stickers on my vehicles either, neither do I place the 25th anniversary Nikon plaque on my camera bag when I go out, but I did hang it on "MY" piece of wall!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Plaque Poll - 02/19/06 03:10 PM
No bumper stickers or dealer ID on my auto either. But I do enjoy my plaques. The difference, to me, is that messages and advertising on my car affect others. I have no wish to inflect my views and standards on others. On the other hand, my home is MINE, and I decorate (if one can apply that word to my decor ) my home to satisfy ME, and nobody else. I don't even consider what others may think, and I don't expect others to like, or agree with, my choices. I do hope those about whom I care will, at the least, feel comfortable in my home. Anything beyond that is gravy.

Secondly, while I place no advertising or slogans on my car, in several obvious places, one CAN see the word TOYOTA. But, in my home you won't find a Toyota plaque, or a Samsung plaque, or a GE plaque. However, if you look at my TV, right there, in big, easily read letters, is the word Samsung. I'd wager if you look around your home, you'll find plenty of advertising in plain sight. Look at your microwave, your toaster, your refrigerator, your coffee maker, your DVD player, your receiver, etc.. I know that we don't CHOOSE to put that kind of advertising in our home, but my point is we have it in our homes without a second thought, and perhaps, in some cases, even with a little pride.

Lastly, speaking of pride, I would have no qualms about putting an Axiom plaque in my home because Axiom is a company whose business model, products, and customer service are so exemplary they are worthy of my support. I also happen to think a great deal of the people behind those products and services. They have EARNED my respect and my loyalty, which is more than I can say for Samsung, or Denon.

All this being said, I heartily support anyone's right to feel differently than I, and to do the exact same thing I do, to wit, decorate their home they way THEY want. If that excludes an Axiom plaque, I have no quarrel with that.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Plaque Poll - 02/19/06 03:53 PM
Yup, Jack, as I mentioned above; I have my own piece of the wall where I hang my Nikon plaque, my Navy plaque, my cruise missile photos and company goodies, and other various nic naks that fit the idiom. And I would probably hang an Axiom plaque there if one were to wander my way as well.

....gads,...the hard copy memories pile up with the years!!
Rich.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Plaque Poll - 02/19/06 08:20 PM
I think those are attractive. Personally, I would probably only invest in that sort of display if I had a dedicated, theme-oriented HT. Since our system room is also our living room, our family would prefer artwork that is a bit more diverse and challenging.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Plaque Poll - 02/20/06 01:27 AM
Jack, I solved my plaque problem by increasing the frequency of having my dentist clean my teeth. All three of them really sparkle now.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Plaque Poll - 02/20/06 01:32 AM
Three at your age?

Dude. Seriously. You got it goin' on!
Posted By: royce73 Re: Plaque Poll - 02/20/06 10:30 PM
I tried to print some hi-res scans at Wal-Mart today for DD and DTS plaques and I was denied for copyright reasons. It would have been cool if I got Wal-Mart sued.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Plaque Poll - 02/21/06 12:23 AM

Posted By: Haoleb Re: Plaque Poll - 02/21/06 05:10 AM
From the poll results looks like most of you guys are with me on this one..

I dont put stickers on my truck. Sure. michelin tires. Mobil 1 oil.. Yeah. so. Same goes for my stereo, Dont need no plaque on the wall to remind me i have dolby digital (if that were the case)

In a shop or store then maybe it would be ok just because it gives people something to look at but in a house.. no thanks I am going to have a dedicated HT room whenever our house is done but I prefer to let the sound and video do the impressions. Besides, Im not trying to impress anyone but myself. A couple years ago i would have wanted one of the axiom plaques but i suppose ive grown out of that ideaology and into one thats more about the music and how if moves me. You just need the right equipment to get there so i like that part of it too!
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Plaque Poll - 02/21/06 06:21 PM
Agreed ...however I do want a t-shirt. I'll just have to ask BrotherBob where they are made .
© Axiom Message Boards