Axiom Home Page
Posted By: cdn_hvac Speaker Help - 03/01/06 01:21 AM
Ok I will be upgrading to Axiom speakers and have roughed in the needed 14/2 speaker wire for home theater.

I presently use a Bose accoustimass home theater and tried connecting the bose speakers to my new speaker wires and connected them to my Yamaha receiver.

I had always wanted to try this thinking that better cable,direct connection would make those little cubes sound better but I was wrong. They sounded bad! all tone no bass it was really bad.

Do Axiom home theater speakers connect to the sub before the receiver like Bose Systems?

Thanks for any replies.
Posted By: bigwill2 Re: Speaker Help - 03/01/06 01:29 AM
No, Axioms are usually run to the receiver rather than through a sub.
If you're serious about quality HT, definitely scrap the Bose (you can recoup a bit of your cash through ebay). Axioms and countless other speakers will blow you away compared to what you've been listening to.
You should arrange to hear someone's Axioms, or order a pr of M3s as a sample, if you're interested.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Speaker Help - 03/01/06 01:50 AM
If you connected your Bose speakers directly to your reciever I would expect them to sound worse. The Accoustiumass box is not really a sub , it is designed specifically for the Bose cubes. I'm a former Bose owner and I would agree there is no comparison between Bose and Axiom or a similar great sounding speaker.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Speaker Help - 03/01/06 02:34 AM
BOSE

No highs, No lows, must be Bose

As the others have mentioned, Bose and Axiom are not even in the same league.

Bose = Chevette
Axiom = Corvette

Posted By: bugbitten Re: Speaker Help - 03/01/06 02:37 AM
In reply to:

Bose = Chevette

More like

Bose = Yugo
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Speaker Help - 03/01/06 03:22 AM
In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bose = Yugo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was that the Yugo's where the tires and seats were "optional"? Just like good sound from a Bose system is "optional" as well?

Posted By: cdn_hvac Re: Speaker Help - 03/01/06 03:53 AM
Thanks guys

Just wasnt sure if axiom speakers connected to the bass unit like bose speakers do. Glad that they dont have to ,it would be an extra cost in plugs and cable.

I'v seen and listened to an Epic 60 system (BOSTON CHERRY..sweet) at friends house and didnt get a chance to see how they were wired. They sounded good and i cannot wait to order my Epic 80 with EP600. I'll have an extra amp to drive those 4 ohm M80's.

Thanks again.
Posted By: INANE Re: Speaker Help - 03/01/06 04:08 AM
Very cool, welcome to the 'light' side.
Posted By: richeydog Re: Speaker Help - 03/01/06 04:17 AM
Running wires from the speakers to the back of the receiver is a very simple process. No need to worry.
Posted By: KC23 Re: Speaker Help - 03/01/06 06:35 PM
Wow, going from bose to an M80/ep600. That's not a step up, its a flying leap.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Speaker Help - 03/01/06 06:47 PM
I would love to see the look on his face the first time he listens to the setup
Posted By: KC23 Re: Speaker Help - 03/01/06 06:54 PM
I'd love to see the look on his significant others face when she sees the size of those boxes.
Posted By: Asynchronous Re: Speaker Help - 03/01/06 07:19 PM
I'll be in the same boat soon enough. As soon as my home theater is done, I'll be upgrading from my current Bose Acoustimass 5 to an Epic 80-500 or 600 7.1 setup!! Waiting is just killing me, but I don't want all that dust killing my dream setup!!
Posted By: Wid Re: Speaker Help - 03/01/06 07:47 PM

You boys are going to be in for one hellofa suprise
© Axiom Message Boards