Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Frogspawn Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 03:37 AM

What do ya think?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 03:48 AM
Strange, those are the same color grilles that bigjohn had, but yours don't look pink! (sorry, a semi-inside joke )

On the serious side, looks great! You've done well. Have you managed to shake those vases onto the carpet yet?
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 03:50 AM
As I just mentioned in another post, I like pictures. So thank you!

Your setup is very classy and your room looks cozy! How do you like your M80 V2's? Be careful that those vases don't fall over if you play them too loud.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 03:55 AM
Looks great, where are you hiding the sub?
Posted By: Frogspawn Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 03:57 AM
I can't play them load I live in a appt. untill I move to my Condo. I had all of my speakers made with custom color Cinnamon Beech with Burnt sienna covers. I love the look. The sub is hidding under the far end table. I do wish I would have went with the EP350.

I need some suggestions on a new high end DVD player. By budget is no more the 500$ I like Denon's stuff
Posted By: Ajax Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 04:01 AM
Everything looks inviting and comfy. And if that's a reclining sofa, I think I hate you!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 04:01 AM
Looking good, froggy. Keep in mind the possibility of contacting Axiom about trading up on the sub.
Posted By: Frogspawn Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 04:11 AM
Yes it does recline lol. In fact it's not necessarily a good thing. When i get to comfy I usally fall asleep
Posted By: Ajax Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 04:12 AM
LOL!
Posted By: Wid Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 04:13 AM

Very nice indeed, I like your choice of finish.
Posted By: Frogspawn Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 04:15 AM
Send me some suggestion's on a new DVD player. In the price range of 500$
Posted By: ChicagoTC Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 04:20 AM
I like your Xbox 360 as well. As far as DVD players I've read a ton about the Oppo 971H in the past few days. Great player, great reviews, great price at Amazon; under $200.

http://www.oppodigital.com/

Review
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-bin/shootout.cgi?function=search&articles=124
Posted By: JohnK Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 04:26 AM
Sony 995 . Don't underestimate the convenience of a megachanger.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 05:14 AM
You might want to wait a little bit and see what happens with the new HDDVD's.
Posted By: bray Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 05:35 AM
Froggy
Great setup!
I know what you're enjoying.
We have the same setup except for the sub (and tv). I have the HSU VTF3 MKII.
I really like your choice in finishes, I'm not sure I've ever seen that color combination before.
Good job, I like it.

Posted By: mwc Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 01:30 PM
"Don't underestimate the convenience of a megachanger."

Roger that! I love my Pioneer mega.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 04:50 PM
Looks nice, Frogspawn! I like the color. How does the grain look on the speakers? Cinnamon Beech would be one of my top choices for veneer.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 06:48 PM
Yes, you can trade up your EP175 for the EP350 from Axiom. They would be happy to do it!

They might even pay return shipping for your EP175.

Anyways, that setup looks supurb.
Posted By: PaulM Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 08:01 PM
Really nice looking cabinet and grill colours. If you don't already, you might want to pull the vp100 out a bit during play so it hangs over the lip of the shelf it is on by a little bit. That way you avoid boundary effects.

Have you experimented turning the surrounds 45 or 90 degrees from flat against the wall? Just curious what positioning you have found sounds best. I might be changing the room I have my HT in and have to also put my couch flush against a back wall like you.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 08:47 PM
Nice to see another Axiom owner with the cinnamon beech finish! I thought that I was one of the few with that finish.
Cheers,
Shaun
Posted By: richeydog Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 08:55 PM
Indeed a nice finish. The color scheme works well with the grille attached to the speaker.

Posted By: INANE Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 09:24 PM
Great setup!
Posted By: Frogspawn Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/18/06 11:07 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments. I Have not adjusted the angle of the QS4's I will try that and see what that does. I did have to put a ground loop iso on the sub to get rid of the hum. My TV is a Pannasonic Plasma 37" HDTV. It has an awsome picture in HD I love it. I jsut need to upgrade the DVD player.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/19/06 01:34 AM
That colour is awesome. Yep, once you move and be able to turn it up, you will have goofygrinitus!
Posted By: ratpack Re: Pictures of my setup - 03/19/06 03:11 AM
Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!!
© Axiom Message Boards