Axiom Home Page
Posted By: HomeDad My VP150 arrived today. - 03/24/06 08:02 AM
To be honest, up until the point I hooked up my VP150 I was a bit skeptical on whether it would be an improvement over my Aperion 533VAC. The Aperion sounded good and was able to produce very clear dialog , but I felt like I was constantly turning up the volume just to hear it.
I was watching Star Wars with the kids when the 150 arrived, so I stopped the movie and did a quick switch. My first reaction was almost the same as when I first received my M60's, I was literally awestruck, not only is it clean and crisp, but it has a tremendous sound stage and blended seamlessly with my 80's. The best way for me describe it is, I feel like I went from merely watching a movie to being immersed in it. With multi-channel music it gave me the same feeling of being totally involved, I couldn't be happier with my purchase.
Now I'm just kicking myself for not switching sooner. For those of you that helped me with this decision a big Thanks, and for those on the fence about the VP150 I believe you can't go wrong with the 30 day trial, I know mine is here to stay
Posted By: richeydog Re: My VP150 arrived today. - 03/24/06 08:24 AM
In reply to:

The best way for me describe it is, I feel like I went from merely watching a movie to being immersed in it.

Michael, this is exactly how I felt when I added my rocket center with my 750's. (I was using a jbl ec25 previously)

Congrats man.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: My VP150 arrived today. - 03/24/06 12:34 PM
Congrats Michael and I was sure you would be very happy with the 150 it is a great center in my opinion.
Posted By: inthedeck Re: My VP150 arrived today. - 03/24/06 02:03 PM
Cool...now I have something to look forward to. I sold all my older stuff a couple of months ago...and stopped watching DVD's, because I just couldn't stand to watch them with just plain ole TV sound.

Of course, I didn't order the whole array of speakers possible...but, I am sure the M80's and 150 will be good to go, for a little while.

By the way, did you order a new one? or one from the factory outlet? I am just curious as to what the differences are between the two...if any at all.

See ya, and enjoy.
Posted By: Gena Re: My VP150 arrived today. - 03/24/06 02:12 PM
Congrats, it's an awesome speaker.
Posted By: ratpack Re: My VP150 arrived today. - 03/24/06 02:40 PM
Interesting!

I started off with the VP-150, then added the M80s, and finally the QS8s.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: My VP150 arrived today. - 03/24/06 03:31 PM
Great! Enjoy! When I got my Axiom speakers, I gave my Infinity set to my parents which I didn't think were that bad at the time. But now that I'm used to the clear and natural sound from the VP150, I can't stand the Infinity center channel anymore. Compared to the VP150, it is so bright and piercing.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: My VP150 arrived today. - 03/24/06 04:03 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------
"By the way, did you order a new one?"
----------------------------------------------------------

I ordered a new one, my original 60's were from the outlet and they looked brand new. As far as I've seen, the only difference between the outlet and new is the wait time
Posted By: ChicagoTC Re: My VP150 arrived today. - 03/24/06 04:06 PM
Ever post I've read here says that there was no noticeable difference between new and factory outlet. I think factory outlet speakers just have minor cosmetic blemishes.

The wait time is why I went new. I wanted my new toys ASAP.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: My VP150 arrived today. - 03/24/06 06:26 PM
HomeDad,

Glad to hear that you are pleased with what you hear!
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: My VP150 arrived today. - 03/24/06 06:34 PM
In response to:

Poster: ratpack
Subject: Re: My VP150 arrived today.

Interesting!

I started off with the VP-150, then added the M80s, and finally the QS8s.

You da man! That is the system of choice, it does however need a big EP500.

Posted By: INANE Re: My VP150 arrived today. - 03/26/06 06:24 AM
Ya I was just thinkin about happy I am with my Vp150 tonite while watching some movies.
Posted By: Gkarf Re: My VP150 arrived today. - 03/26/06 06:48 PM
Congrats, that'll be next on my list (or the m22's, decisions...decisions) You've even got me in the mood to bring one of the Star Wars out tonite! Guy
© Axiom Message Boards