Axiom Home Page
Posted By: michael_d DVD Player – Opinions - 03/26/06 06:03 PM
I want to pick up a new player in the next couple days.

I need it to perform well with both component and DVI/HDMI. The DVI/HDMI is for later when I get the projector up and running and the component is for now as I don’t have DVI/HDMI input for my TV or AVR.

I was reading through the reviews at Secret’s and am looking at the Panasonic S77, Panasonic S97 and Yamaha 2500. They all score over 90 and all seam to do well with component and DVI/HDMI.

I guess I’m just throwing this out there for general input on these players from folks who may have them and want to comment.

Both the Panasonics are around $250 while the Yamaha is going for $500 at U-bid right now.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: DVD Player – Opinions - 03/26/06 07:17 PM
Both Nickbuol and I on this forum have the Panasonic S97S and are enjoying it with our Z2 and Z3's. I bought mine at Vanns. It is a great online etailer and they have free shipping and it sells for 249 right now, not sure on stock...

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/481299774
Posted By: nickbuol Re: DVD Player – Opinions - 03/27/06 02:41 AM
I do like my S97.
Posted By: michael_d Re: DVD Player – Opinions - 03/27/06 02:40 PM
Thanks. I just downloaded the manual and paged through it. It's hard to believe this thing does all it does for $250. Too bad none of these units scan to 720 via component.
Posted By: michael_d Re: DVD Player – Opinions - 03/28/06 01:32 AM
Went ahead and ordered one to go with the Panny 900 projector. My vendor of choice have me a heck of a deal on both, as usual.

Now if I could just finish that damn basement and HT room, I'll be set.
© Axiom Message Boards