Axiom Home Page
Posted By: canesfan Axiom, Paradigm or ??????? - 04/05/06 10:02 PM
Greetings! I want to upgrade my speakers within the next couple of weeks. I have auditioned Paradigm reference studio 100 mains and the CC-570 center channel. Sounded really good. Now granted, am still looking though. I've been checking out the Axioms and was wanting to know if anyone has compared these to the paradigm studio line. If I was to go with the Axioms it would be the M80's, vp150, and the QS8 surrounds. I'm gonna get separates to power everything either Parasound or Outlaw. Also, can these Axioms handle alot of power? The parasound amp I'm looking at is 250x5. The Axiom's will be quite a bit cheaper than the Paradigm's. I know Axiom gives you a 30 day trial but before anyone suggests that, I will tell you right off the bat that I don't like do deal with the hassle of sending something back. Like I said, I want to upgrade my speakers but don't want to rush into something and regret my purchase. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Axiom, Paradigm or ??????? - 04/05/06 10:52 PM
Depending on where you live, there is probably an Axiom owner nearby who would let you audition 'em...
Posted By: RickF Re: Axiom, Paradigm or ??????? - 04/05/06 11:31 PM
I'd be *almost* willing to bet that canesfan may be in the Florida-south Florida area and if so canesfan can audition my setup if he/she want's ... PM me if interested, canesfan.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Axiom, Paradigm or ??????? - 04/06/06 01:21 AM
Axiom speakers are tested with more than 1000 watts, I'm sure you will be fine.
Posted By: canesfan Re: Axiom, Paradigm or ??????? - 04/06/06 01:58 AM
Thanks for the reply's. Sounds like the Axioms can take the power. Also, I live in Oklahoma.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom, Paradigm or ??????? - 04/06/06 02:01 AM
If you use the search feature on this website, Paradigm and Axiom has been talked about very often, even the studio line.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axiom, Paradigm or ??????? - 04/06/06 02:06 AM
Rick, they just love them Tulsa Golden Hurricanes!(of course I was thinking the same thing you were!).
Posted By: ratpack Re: Axiom, Paradigm or ??????? - 04/06/06 02:52 AM
I just have to ask!!! You did NOT expect to come to an Axiom website and get a recommendation for Paradigms, did you??

The devil made me ask. LOL!!!

Welcome aboard.
Posted By: alan Re: Axiom, Paradigm or ??????? - 04/06/06 07:25 PM
Hi canesfan,

The Axiom M22s are virtually indistinguishable from the Paradigm Ref. Studio 20s (I own both), except for a little more midrange detail from the 22s and without the slight bass hump of the Studio 20s.

Moving up the line, Axiom's M60s and M80s are comparable--actually a bit more neutral--than Paradigm's Studio 100s, again without the little Paradigm bass hump present in all their speakers. The latter hump initially gives the impression of more bass at the expense of midrange detail and transparency. Essentially there are minor differences in bass, midrange, and treble balance.

Regards,
Posted By: mark4583 Re: Axiom, Paradigm or ??????? - 04/06/06 09:33 PM
I checked out the Paradigm and like them alot, I was going to buy a set but the dealer sold the last set out from under me after he said he would hold and I was going to pick them up in about 2 days,
So I thought Id try Axiom. And that salesmen did the best thing for me, I have the 60's, vp150. QS8's and I think there Awsome, I also have the EP500 sub on the way.
Posted By: canesfan Re: Axiom, Paradigm or ??????? - 04/07/06 01:20 AM
Thanks for everyone's opinions. I may just take a leap of faith and order a set.
© Axiom Message Boards