Axiom Home Page
Posted By: INANE Harmony 880 - 04/06/06 02:59 AM
Just got mine today and finished some intial setup. I must say so far I really like this thing. I can see myself getting spoiled for sure.

Posted By: ratpack Re: Harmony 880 - 04/06/06 03:08 AM
I've had mine for a couple of months and really like it. I thought that the wife wouldn't be able to use it. But, now, she knows more about it than I do. LOL!!!

It is one slick little piece of equipment.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Harmony 880 - 04/06/06 03:33 AM
I agree with both of you, my wife loves hers, used to be mine
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Harmony 880 - 04/06/06 03:34 AM
"It used to be mine" -- hey, isn't that a Cars song?
Posted By: Spoiler Re: Harmony 880 - 04/06/06 10:28 AM
In reply to:

"It used to be mine" -- hey, isn't that a Cars song?

Great... now I can't get it out of my head.

Posted By: jimmienorton Re: Harmony 880 - 04/06/06 10:40 AM
Love mine also.
Posted By: n8wrl Re: Harmony 880 - 04/06/06 11:09 AM
I've been enjoying mine for a couple of months now - got it on eBay. Check out www.remotecentral.com for goodies - there are several posts with icons for channels. VERY handy!

-Brian
Posted By: ratpack Re: Harmony 880 - 04/06/06 11:20 AM
It sure does simplify changing all the settings. I was surprised at how easy it is!!
Posted By: oz350z Re: Harmony 880 - 04/06/06 12:36 PM
Have you seen that the Cars have reformed for a tour. In place of Ric they have Todd Rundgren. Ric gives them his blessing and really appproves of the Todd choice. I saw a video of one song and was very convincing in his lead vocal. Sorry about the hijack.
I don't have the 880 but I have had the 680 for a month or two and I love the ease. Only problem is I have to have my reading glasses on to see the buttons markings.
oz
Posted By: ChicagoTC Re: Harmony 880 - 04/06/06 02:29 PM
Got mine and love it. I recently bought a Squeeze Box and was able to control that as well. This is a great toy.
Posted By: INANE Re: Harmony 880 - 04/06/06 02:37 PM
I was gonna say, if anyone has been on the fence about getting one, with the 890 being out the 880 is getting REALLY cheap. There is a 50$ rebate out there for it too so it can be had for ~100$.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Harmony 880 - 04/06/06 02:39 PM
So what do you guys think about the transport buttons on the remote? My base of comparison for best remote is the TiVo remote, where the transport buttons are different shapes, positions, and sizes, with the pause button being hte biggest thing on there--it's the most important. I know the 880s buttons are all the same size, with no clear reasoning to their positioning, which is why I've been looking at the 680. The 680, while better, still ain't great on the transport buttons. But how are thoes remotes to use with a DVR or DVD?
Posted By: ChicagoTC Re: Harmony 880 - 04/06/06 02:51 PM
Like any new remote there is a "learning" curve getting used to the button layout. I'd say it took about a week and I feel like it's my old Tivo remote. Every feature you can imagine in available on one screen; play, pause, rwd, fwd,record, live tv, menu, guide, prev chan, etc.

Another nice feature is how the remote lights up upon movement. There is no need to fumble for a light button in the dark.

Programming via the website and USB to the remote is a breeze. I give it a 10 out of 10.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Harmony 880 - 04/06/06 03:00 PM
I like the fact that it has the rechargeable battery and docking station, I think the 688's button layout is better, but with the charger, LCD and auto light up I think the 880 is the best of their remotes.
Posted By: emorphien Re: Harmony 880 - 04/09/06 09:33 PM
I've been enjoying mine since last fall.
Posted By: INANE Re: Harmony 880 - 04/10/06 02:33 AM
OK, after a couple days of using this thing I must say I do really like it. I'm slowly learning where to find the buttons to do things I was used to on the orginal remotes. Mainly learing to use something other than the Microsoft MCE remote has been a minor challenge but I'm happy with the flexability of the 880 to set the buttons on the LCD to do whatever I need (as well as the buttons on rest of the remote).

I'm very satisfied.
© Axiom Message Boards