Axiom Home Page
Posted By: thanwu subwoofer - 04/11/06 08:11 PM
Hi, Guys:

I am thinking to buy a subwoofer. I would like to get the EP500, but the price is a little bit high for me. Does anybody have experince with the Yamaha sub: Yamaha YST-SW1500 12" Subwoofer? By the way, i am using the Yamaha reciever RX-V2600.

Thanks for your inputs,

Han
Posted By: epchristi Re: subwoofer - 04/11/06 08:43 PM
Well, your question was do I have experience with a Yamaha subwoofer.. and that might cause this disucssion to be pretty short.

I can say that I really like my HSU subwoofer..
http://www.hsustore.com/vtf3.html

For me, what I read on this forum and other forums directed me to purchase this sub, and I don't have an ounce of buyer's remorse.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: subwoofer - 04/11/06 09:20 PM
I haven't heard stellar (being polite) things about Yamaha speakers or subs. There other, less costly, subs out there than the EP500. It is a solid sub, don't get me wrong, but if you can't afford it, so be it. I have an SVS PCi 20-39 and love it. My wife doesn't carfe much for the looks, but it is a great sub too. The HSU line is pretty good as well.

Post your room size information, and you may get other tips too. You never know, your room might be just right for a smaller Axiom sub too...
Posted By: littleb Re: subwoofer - 04/11/06 10:20 PM
You can to the the hsu research website, give them the dimensions of your room and they will give you advice on which of their subs would fit you. It was the best cost/quality equation I could come up with before I purchased my VTF3. The VTF2 would have been fine for my room, but I experienced a 'I'm goin' to get more than I need moment.
Posted By: mjwilli Re: subwoofer - 04/14/06 02:22 AM
Axiom also has a lay away program that is actually pretty good. So if cash up front is an issue, you can always do that for a few months.
Posted By: keend0 Re: subwoofer - 04/15/06 01:14 PM
Great system Nick! How do you like the sub? Trying to make decission between the 20-39 and the 16-46. Only $50 difference. Great picture with your daughter and the sub. It is much larger than I was picturing.
Posted By: thanwu Re: subwoofer - 04/15/06 05:28 PM
Thank you guys. I am going to buy the EP350 instead of other brand subs.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: subwoofer - 04/15/06 07:01 PM
The 350 will work out for a "matching" set.
© Axiom Message Boards