Axiom Home Page
Posted By: AndrewSW The Four Seasons - 05/19/06 09:33 PM
Who here is into classical music? I love Vivaldi "Four Seasons." I was just curious if anyone knew of a really good recording of this that would sound awesome on my Axioms and SVS. Like a DTS CD or something of the like. Thanks for any suggestions!

Andrew
Posted By: Ajax Re: The Four Seasons - 05/19/06 10:07 PM
Though not the only classical aficionado on the forum, JohnK will have some suggestions for you, I'm sure. He's on the West coast, and won't be on the forum until later this evening (assuming he doesn't have a wild and crazy Friday night planned ).
Posted By: bugbitten Re: The Four Seasons - 05/19/06 10:11 PM
DVD 5.1 and DTS
Posted By: HomeDad Re: The Four Seasons - 05/19/06 10:48 PM
Cd Universe has a good selection CD Universe
Posted By: oz350z Re: The Four Seasons - 05/20/06 02:22 AM
Absolutely, Paul Peabody, Richard Kapp and the Philharmonia Virtuosi. ESS.A.Y.Recordings
10 performance 10 audio quality.
oz

Posted By: JohnK Re: The Four Seasons - 05/20/06 04:15 AM
Andrew, Jack was correct; I had a "wild and crazy Friday night planned", but I cancelled in order to listen to Vivaldi. You didn't mention if you preferred period instruments, but if so I'd suggest Carmignola . If you'd rather have modern instruments this COE performance is a bargain. I don't think that it's really necessary to look for a special surround recording; applying DPLII to these good CDs sends ambience to the surrounds and sounds fine.

Ask about any other classical suggestions(how about Glazunov's The Seasons for a contrast?)that you might have an interest in.
© Axiom Message Boards