Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ddirado Mt22s on their side. - 09/17/02 01:45 AM
I have a place where i want to have a set of speakers and have been cotemplating the Mt22s for a while. Does anyone know if having them on their sides with their tweeters oppostie eachother affect the imaging/throw of the speaker?
Posted By: alan Re: Mt22s on their side. - 09/17/02 03:07 PM
Hi ddirado,

Putting the M22ti on its side will change the dispersion pattern of the tweeter and woofers. It will sound quite different but depending on the room and the placement, you may or may not find the change in tonal balance offensive.

The M22ti was not designed to be used in this orientation. If you search for "lobing" on the boards, there are several posts explaining what happens when you put the M22ti on its side.

You can always do an experiment with one M22ti on its side and the other in its intended vertical orientation. Use a mono music signal and switch from one to the other to see what tonal changes you hear.

Regards,
Posted By: ddirado Re: Mt22s on their side. - 09/17/02 05:44 PM
ill try that. thanks.
Posted By: CAV104 Re: Mt22s on their side. - 09/17/02 07:32 PM
I use the M22s as rears with M60s up front. The M22s are mounted on 28" stands. I have tried them on their sides and kinda liked the way they sound in the HT mode. Keep in mind that all speakers are toed in at an angle relative to my listening position.

CAV104
© Axiom Message Boards