Axiom Home Page
Any updates on how good your tube amps are doing at putting out MUSIC?
Only have a tube preamp in use right now. Needed something with outputs for hooking up some subs. Sadly, my tube integrated is packed up. Just in the process of changing/trying different things. Don't worry, more tube stuff is in the works.
My little tube amps sounded great through my M3tis until one of them went "BBZZZZZZZZTTT!!" and went up in a puff of smoke. Months later I'm still trying to get it working again. Thought I had it but an overvolt made it go "BBZZZZZZZTTT!!" again.
trollbait.
Well, pmbuko, I didn't make an effort to bait you. If you have nothing to say about tube components, why are you posting in this thread? Thanks for the one star though.

Sorry to hear about your M3 LJ.

I haven't set up my tube system in my new place yet. The Scott tube tuner is just about done ... new caps and a few tubes. Very much looking forward to giving that one a listen. My next trip back east and I'm bringing back my dad's old top of the line Harman Kardon Citation Festival Award tube amplifier. There's a mod kit which should make it a spectacular music maker.
2X-

I think you'll like the way it sounds. I do. Or did. I finally dug out a schematic for my amp so maybe I'll be able to rebuild it correctly now. It's been months since the amp first fried on me.
Much better why thanks for asking, I recently converted my Bottlehead foreplay preamp over to DC heaters which was a SIGNIFICANT improvement. Now i use it for everything including movies because before the humm from the AC heaters was just too much. My only problem is that my best set of tubes have started howling like a pack of wolves so they dont get any use.
© Axiom Message Boards