Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Audiometric Axiom M2'S as Computer speakers - 11/19/06 07:26 PM
Hi All,

Is it possible to use M2's or M3's as computer speakers and if so how would I connect them? I have an older soundblaster live card. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom M2'S as Computer speakers - 11/19/06 07:44 PM
I'm sure others will jump in here. For me, my sound card has an SPDIF digital output, so I hook that up to my Denon receiver, and use my Computer (HTPC) for music and movies.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Axiom M2'S as Computer speakers - 11/19/06 09:00 PM
What Randy described is the best way to do it -- use a sound card which can feed digital audio directly into your receiver via the coax or optical connections.

Next best is to pick up a cheap used stereo receiver or integrated amplifier and get a cable which goes from one of your SB "speaker" jacks to the Aux inputs on the receiver/amp, then hook the M2/M3's up to the speaker outputs of the receiver/amp.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Axiom M2'S as Computer speakers - 11/20/06 04:15 AM
Quote:

Next best is to pick up a cheap used stereo receiver or integrated amplifier and get a cable which goes from one of your SB "speaker" jacks to the Aux inputs on the receiver/amp, then hook the M2/M3's up to the speaker outputs of the receiver/amp.

This is exactly what i do with my Tannoy Revolution speakers and a H/K 380i receiver. I use a stereo adaptor (single stereo connection to dual L/R rca cables) from my Turtle Beach sound card to the receiver aux input.
Works great.
Beautiful sound.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Axiom M2'S as Computer speakers - 11/20/06 07:51 AM
I have a Yamaha RX-V557 Receiver hooked up to my computer via SPDI/F connection. I have M22's and an HSU STF-2 as a sub. It sounds great.

I would really recommend getting a sub too. If you don't get a sub, go with the M3's.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Axiom M2'S as Computer speakers - 11/21/06 11:42 PM
Audiometric, My soundcard is even older - a Soundblaster 128. As others have indicated, you can use a 3.5mm stereo plug to L/R phono (or RCA) plugs. I use this with a 16yr old Luxman integrated amp and a set of M3's. I can't say enough about them - they simply sound awesome.
Posted By: LightninJoe Re: Axiom M2'S as Computer speakers - 11/22/06 01:03 AM
I use M3's as my computer speakers. I am running from my SB Live! line out into my old H/K AVR 25 receiver. Sounds great.
© Axiom Message Boards