Axiom Home Page
Posted By: chgolatin2 Integrated tube amps recommendations - 11/28/06 03:40 PM
Been doing my research for a good sounding integrated tube amp, so far I have looking into Cary, Roque, Jolida, Cayin and finally Dared. Keeping my budget for a tube amp under 1k, which brand would I benefit and get the most from? I am leaning towards Dared MP 2A3 and Dared VP-16 but I am looking for more a solid recommendation from the Audio Gurus on this site, lol. Hell, I will even go with a good used tube amp but I cant seem to find one Thanks!

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Integrated tube amps recommendations - 11/28/06 04:26 PM
The Dynaco ST-70 seems to be pretty well regarded if you decide to go used. Its not quite as expensive as what your ready to spend, so you might be able to get a nicer amp for more money
Posted By: davidsch Re: Integrated tube amps recommendations - 11/28/06 06:15 PM
This may be stating the obvious, but did you check Audiogon.com? I look there when I am looking for high end used equipment.
Posted By: jakeman Re: Integrated tube amps recommendations - 11/28/06 10:16 PM
The quality of tube equipment has gotten very good and prices especially for used gear has come down to reasonabl levels. I've taken a liking to Cary preamps and amps. I recently picked up a Cary slp-98l pre-amp for a good price and have been considering the cary slp-80 amp or cary rocket 88.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Integrated tube amps recommendations - 11/29/06 12:43 AM
chgolatin2, what kind of things are you looking for in a tube integrated? Also, what kind of speakers are you using? Like David suggested, Audiogon is a good place to look for used amps. Unfortunately I haven't heard any of the integrateds you listed, but all seem well-regarded.
Posted By: samandnoah Re: Integrated tube amps recommendations - 12/02/06 05:15 PM
Not sure where you're looking to put the tubes!

I'm assuming you're interested on the amp side. I've got the Jolida 1501, which is a tube pre-amp integrated with a SS amp. So that may not be the solution you're looking for.

I love it. I've used this with my maggies and dynaudios. I haven't tried it with any of my axioms, but I have no doubts that it would be awesome. The Jolidas seem to be very well built. I bought mine used on Audiogon, and there always seem to be plenty of Jolida products at reasonable prices there if you're willing to watch and wait for a while.

Good luck!

Regards,
Rich
© Axiom Message Boards