Axiom Home Page
I've just ordered a pair of custom M3s and wanted to power them with a Sonic T amp.
I know someone around here had started a thread about these amps a few years back.
I used every key word I can think of but still cant find the thread.
I think it was oz or 6x6speed that started it.

Any help????? Please.
Bray -

I'm not much help with digging up old threads, as I have problems using the Search myself. I guess I'm too impatient. lol

Have you tried Googling Sonic T Amps?

Is this it?
Here are a few threads I found that mention the sonic t-amp, not sure they are what your looking for....

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showfla...true#Post154187

This one also might be the one...

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=90551&an=&page=&vc=1
Quote:

Is this it?

That's the one . Thanks!
What was your search phrase?
I've been looking for the last 1.5 hrs for it.
I found it by putting:

"t-amp" in the search phrase
2x6spds in the user name field
5 years in the time field
Dont know why I was thinking 6x6 instead of 2x6.

I did the same as Randy.
Hey Brady--

I think I participated in at least one of those threads, and I still drive a pair of M3s with a t-amp. Is there something specific I can answer/report?

I'm still very happy with the combo. It is used my wife's office which is about 12' x 9'. Gets plenty loud. Sources are a Dell DJ and CD player. Excellent sound quality.

Rich
Quote:

Hey Brady--

I think I participated in at least one of those threads, and I still drive a pair of M3s with a t-amp. Is there something specific I can answer/report?

I'm still very happy with the combo. It is used my wife's office which is about 12' x 9'. Gets plenty loud. Sources are a Dell DJ and CD player. Excellent sound quality.

Rich

After reading much of the day about T-Amps, I see there are alot of mods that can be done to the "little thing".
Have you done any of them?
The main mod I was thinking about is the RCA jack mod. However, my soldering skills are a little lacking.
It may be worth it for me to look into this instead.
Or maybe I'll just hook up this old thing.

I found it in an attic of a rent house I moved into 20 years ago. Seems to work just fine.
Of course, Brady; use it! Looks(and probably sounds)great. Even Mona is clearly casting an admiring glance at it.
No, I haven't done any of the mods. I have zero soldering skills. I just simply use it as is with an external power supply like the kind mentioned in the previous threads.

I've looked at the new Super T-amps. They do look interesting, but not nearly as cost effective. And there are versions you can get that are already modded as well.

Do I think these things are the be all and end all of amps? Nope. But they are amazing little amps for their price, and marry very well with the M3.

I think that Sony would be a great solutions as well.

Take care,
Rich
© Axiom Message Boards