Axiom Home Page
Posted By: a401classic M3's or M22's for small office? - 06/15/07 06:31 AM
My dad is looking for a set of speakers for his 12 x 12 x 8 office. No room for a sub. He doesn't like to feel his music the way I do. Any comments on bass response of one over the other? The graphs look indentical, give or take a dB or two.

Scott
Posted By: Mojo Re: M3's or M22's for small office? - 06/15/07 12:03 PM
He wouldn't feel the music with either model. He'd need a sub for that.

In the lower mid-range the M3 is on average 3dB down from the M22. If he's looking for a more laid back sound, it looks like the M3 would be a better choice.
Posted By: Jordan Re: M3's or M22's for small office? - 06/15/07 01:11 PM
I haven't had the chance to listen to the M22 but I did recently set up my sister with a pair of M3's (I'm moving and am taking my M60s with me).

I'm really quite impressed with the M3's. They sound great for the vast majority of music that we listen to and manage to fill our 16X12 room with lots of sound.

The only caveat that I would offer is that for electronic music, or any other bass heavy music, they may leave you wanting just a bit more low end. Then again, this should be fairly obvious given that they are bookshelf speakers and may very well be me being used to the M60 sound.

For a small office, I would say that the M3s would be my first choice. However, I'm sure that the M2s or M22s could do the job as well.

Best of luck.

J
Posted By: Hutzal Re: M3's or M22's for small office? - 06/15/07 02:38 PM
I have all the bookshelf models ( I know I know, I need counsellings)

M2's are a no go with no sub, M3s are a very warm sounding speaker with nice clarity in the high end, M22s are just an amazing speaker, I love my M22s more than any other speaker in my theatre (Mabey the EP500 takes the cake, its a close call.)

For an office system, for sure the M3s are the way to go, they are less obtrusive (not nearly as tall, standing at 13.5" compared to 19") and provide the whole spectrum of sound. whens compared with the M22, the M3 does sound like it has better bass output, however, its the hump in the 100-150hz that deceives you into thinking that.

When all is said and done, I would personally get M3s for my office. We are currently using our M3s in the kitchen in my house, and I love it, they sound amazing.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: M3's or M22's for small office? - 06/15/07 03:39 PM
I've used both in a very similar sized room, and I'd pick the M3's. They have that smoother, warmer quality to them that helps you relax when you're working.
Posted By: jakewash Re: M3's or M22's for small office? - 06/15/07 06:43 PM
Quote:

relax when you're working.

How is that done? I'd like to work like that
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: M3's or M22's for small office? - 06/15/07 11:52 PM
I've only heard the M3 so I probably shouldn't be adding my comments. But I really like my M3s!
Posted By: a401classic Re: M3's or M22's for small office? - 06/15/07 11:55 PM
OK, the M3's have it!

Scott
Good choice on deciding to go with the M3's. I am definitely a fan of this speaker (see my post "Why I love My M3v2's"). Colin Flood (enjoythemusic.com) in his review of Axiom's top of the line M80ti had this comment about the M3's:

"Allowing for larger size, a lot more drivers and higher price, I still like the smaller Axiom brother just as much as the larger one. At only $279, the crossover-less M3Tis are joyous little performers."

That's quite a compliment on the M3's. Enjoy!
© Axiom Message Boards