Axiom Home Page
I was "browsing" at Magnolia yesterday and saw a pair of Auditor speakers on display. It was connected to a Primare integrated amp and a Primare CD player. I was waiting for the sales guy and figured what the heck. I spun up the CD and holy smokes! That was some of the best 2 channel I've heard in a VERY long time. Defnitely put my systems to shame, and I think pretty highly of them myself.

What made it more impressive was that I wasn't trying to position myself in an optimal spot, I was just standing in front of them. I added up the cost and it was over $8200 for just the stereo setup, not including all ofthe Audioquest cables they used. I told my wife and she gave me the "H*ll no" look...
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Heard Sonus Faber Auditors this weekend - 07/23/07 11:11 PM
You didn't do very much or any effective spousal preparation whatsoever, did you?!?

I'll kick back at Magnolia or Golden Ear every once in a while and listen to some Sonus Farbers - I've heard some wonderful SF speakers and they sure are beautiful.

Had a similar experience with the much less expensive Reference 3a De Capo book shelf speakers driven by a simple SET tube amplifier, Thiel CS3.6 and a big Anthem amp, and of course the magnificent Gallo Reference III. Fought the urge to buy except for the Thiels, couldn't say no.

The Gallos might be my next uncontrollable though foreseeable impulse.
Posted By: CV Re: Heard Sonus Faber Auditors this weekend - 07/24/07 03:11 AM
I still think of the Gallo Reference 3 once in a while for a stereo setup down the road, but I only did a short audition well before I got my Axioms, and it wasn't even material I had brought in. I would like to do a more in-depth evaluation after I get my home theater done. They seemed pretty fun, and the looks help, too.
Posted By: Joey_V Re: Heard Sonus Faber Auditors this weekend - 10/08/07 09:25 PM
I think that the Auditors are very good speakers and able to scale well with even more expensive electronics.

Glad you got to hear them.
© Axiom Message Boards