Axiom Home Page
So after hearing Sinatra and Bocelli on my system, my Dad wants a set of speakers for his office and put the selection in my hands. After some questions here about room size and what not, M3's were the answer. Then I made the mistake of telling my Dad that I could get VaSSallo's for regular finish price thru the owners club. Well, I haven't seen what he needs since, and that's been 3 months or so... Sooo, short story long, I ordered a tri-color sample of rosewood (this is the part where Axiom is so great) and they obliged. Sample comes in and the satin finish just wasn't enough (the speakers need to stand out, not his desk), so I bought some semi- and high- gloss Varathane and made a three-color/three-finish sample. So, for my dad's office, a set of M3's in Rosewood, Red, semi-gloss is a winner and is on order. And since I shot my mouth off, I'm paying for the VaSSallo upgrade. The beauty is that my Dad won't know the difference - and his name will be on the speakers.
Thanks, Axiom!!

Scott
Post pictures when you get them so we can be envious.
Post pictures when you get them so I WILL be envious!
Let me know what you think when you get them. I'm considering a set of speakers for our family room. Its 10x15 ish and just want some 2ch sound there.

I have M22's in my HT and am either considering M2, M3's. I like the smaller size, but everybody seems to suggest M3's for mains.

BTW, how do you like the TV?? I have a 61FC97 and really enjoy it.
 Originally Posted By: ctown
Let me know what you think when you get them. I'm considering a set of speakers for our family room. Its 10x15 ish and just want some 2ch sound there.

I have M22's in my HT and am either considering M2, M3's. I like the smaller size, but everybody seems to suggest M3's for mains.

BTW, how do you like the TV?? I have a 61FC97 and really enjoy it.

M2s are really not good without a sub, if you are doing strictly 2 channel, you will love what the M3s have to offer with no sub.
I'll probably bring the M3's to my house to try them in a couple of locations, particularly outside, so I'll post an update at some point. I just hope my Dad is happy with them.

I love the TV. HD is just amazing. Having trouble getting remote codes for direct source inputs, but scrolling thru the inputs doesn't take that long.

Scott
 Originally Posted By: a401classic

I love the TV. HD is just amazing. Having trouble getting remote codes for direct source inputs, but scrolling thru the inputs doesn't take that long.

Scott

I really only change from TV to DVD for inputs, so not an issue. I'm somewhat of a sports fan, so NFL, NBA, College games look amazing in HD. Some complained of the silkscreen effect with Hockey games, but I dont even notice it anymore.

I'm leaning to M3's I think, either wall mount or ceiling mounted
ctown,

I have all 3 bookshelf models, and I personally think that the M3s are the best stand alone bookshelf model with no sub (if you want a short speaker).

I would prefer the M22s in a strict 2 channel with no sub, but they are a little tall and obtrusive, however, the M3s are a great little speaker, more output than the M2, and more bass.
 Originally Posted By: Mojo
Post pictures when you get them so we can be envious.

While I'm waiting for the finished product, I'll post the test pattern. Top to bottom is Red / Natural / Chestnut. Left to right is Semi- / Satin / High- Gloss. Axiom supplied the satin, I emulated the semi- and high-gloss with spray cans of Minwax

Scott

EDIT: For whatever reason, the link isn't working...

There we go. The pic really doesn't do it justice, that rosewood is just beautiful.

Scott
Noreen says they are on the way!! Whooo Hoooo!!!

Scott
Exciting times. Pics , reviews as usual please.
Absolutely!! I can't tell you how excited I am to get these wired up for my Dad. They are somewhere between Canada and the US right now according to Purolator / DHL tracking info.

Scott
Update... The packages arrived last week, 2 days before I was scheduled to leave for a week of Boy Scout Winter Camp - my oldest boy is a Life Scout, working on Eagle and his brother is year 2 Webelo chomping at the bit to be a Boy Scout. Anyway, I stopped by my Dads house to take a look and he hadn't even opened the boxes - so I did! I had to see what the looked like.
All I can say is WOW! If anyone is considering a real wood finish for their Axioms, It's worth it. These things look like fine furniture.
I hope to get the wires pulled during the Thanksgiving weekend - I have to go from the living room to his office via the attic, so 2 vertical pulls thru fire breaks, and the drywall and insulation is already installed. I just hope I don't ventilate the ceiling (if you look closely at the pics of my room you can see a hole next to the ceiling fan - oops).

scott
Note to all. Running wires after the drywall and insulation is in is no picnic. The wires have not been tucked into the stands yet, and the drywall dust is still settling, but they sound incredible. So here's the pics...

Scott
Every time I see Axioms dressed so nicely, my Boston Cherry vinyl cries.
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Every time I see Axioms dressed so nicely, my Boston Cherry vinyl cries.

Yours and mine both Peter.
© Axiom Message Boards