Axiom Home Page
I love the sound of the British loud speakers like B&W and Kef. I came across a review of the m22ti and feel I should check these out before buying the Q1's.
I live in the States so I can't demo these before purchase. Has anyone out there compared them to the similar priced
B&W and Kef speakers?

Thanks for your time,

Cig

I like B&W a lot but KEF sound a bit too bright to me, and this coming from an Axiom owner...

I haven't actually heard the lower end Axiom speakers though to compare them to the B&W or KEF.
I actuallly had the opportunity to compare some older Kefs (i can dig up the model if you wish) to my M60s, in my own home on my system.
There was no doubt the Kefs were not as pronounced in the upper range (i.e. less bright) and were a bit more full in the bass but other than that, they had a smooth sound. I felt the M60s had more detailed accuracy but again, these were an older pair of Kefs, not newer models.
Hi cig1ar,

If you live near Liverpool, NY, San Francisco or San Jose, Axiom has dealers in each of those locales so you could audition M22ti's. Besides, Axiom's web site includes the 30-day in-home trial (less return shipping). And at the M22ti price, I doubt you'll find anything as neutral and transparent from B&W or Kef. If KEF is still using their "Uni-Q" drivers, with the tweeter recessed at the apex of the woofer cone, I'd look elsewhere. That configuration contributes significant coloration, in my judgment.

Regards,
I don't know if it's the same tweeter as you heard but their speakers still sport a recessed tweeter, at least the ones I auditioned did. And I agree with your assesment of the results.
Well.....after finding and reading as many reviews online as possible I have decided on the M2i and the KEF PSW 2000 Sub.

Thanks for all your responses,

Cig
The "old" KEFs Cheeseroo is referring to are the 104/2s. I had recently acquired them and thought it would be a fun and interesting comparison. I agree with Cheeseroo's assessment except what Cheeseroo considered accuracy in the Axioms I thought was a bright more in your face presentation.
Would I trade the 104/2s for a pair of M60s? No, but I certainly thought the Axioms to be a very good speaker of exceptional value. I have no reservations recommending them to anyone auditioning in their price point.
Cheeseroo, I imagine it's time to subjectively compare the M60s to my trusty old Boston Acoustics A150s. (the aid of a sub for the A150s would be nice though). Oh, and of course a fine ale is always welcomed.

Cheers,

Dan
© Axiom Message Boards