Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mecon Speaker Trials - 12/29/07 11:02 AM
I am planning on getting a pair of Axiom's and a pair of Bose's. I will write back telling what a piece of overpriced Sh*t Bose's are. I don't have the best ears, but I will have a sound engineer review the speakers.

Bose and Axiom are polar opposites, the former is all marketing, and no enginering the latter are all engineering no marketing.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Speaker Trials - 12/29/07 06:36 PM
No marketing? You obviously have not seen the many advertisements, reviews, etc. for Axiom over the last 30 years on most AV boards/forums. You don't need a so called sound engineer to tell the difference unless your deaf.

Bose to Axiom is like a VW Jetta to a Ferarri, not even worth wasting your time.
Posted By: mecon Re: Speaker Trials - 12/29/07 07:05 PM
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
No marketing? You obviously have not seen the many advertisements, reviews, etc. for Axiom over the last 30 years on most AV boards/forums. You don't need a so called sound engineer to tell the difference unless your deaf.

Bose to Axiom is like a VW Jetta to a Ferarri, not even worth wasting your time.

I know that Bose sucks. I'm doing a write up to warn people about Bose. I'm doing this as a service to the community. I just don't want to see anyone buy Bose.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Speaker Trials - 12/29/07 07:45 PM
Anyone looking to buy speakers and actually doing research on the web will soon find out what those into audio think about Bose. No need to keep propagating the truth, it is already out there.

The problem is far too many people do not research for reviews first, most are buying Bose and such, as an upgrade from just the TV itself and are amazed how good 5.1,6.1,7.1 sound is. Unfortunatley they don't go any further and buy the brands they know, Bose being most popular thanks to great advertising. If people would only look around a little to realize that truly great sound can be had for the same price as those Bose systems, we all would be happier.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Speaker Trials - 12/29/07 07:58 PM
Hey, let the guy do what he wants to do. Could be an interesting read, after all. ;\)
Posted By: RickF Re: Speaker Trials - 12/29/07 08:08 PM
Mecon, I don't blame you for wanting to warn others about the Bose marketing ploy, no more than a month ago I went into our local Best Buy and had asked the kid if they sold Denon products, he said he never heard of Denon (no lie) and also stated that the Bose 3-2-1 system was the absolute best thing going for HT ... I couldn't help but wonder just how many uninformed consumers actually buy into this crap. I'm betting the numbers are probably way higher than we'd like.

Report back to us and welcome aboard.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Speaker Trials - 12/29/07 09:37 PM
 Originally Posted By: mecon
I am planning on getting a pair of Axiom's and a pair of Bose's. I will write back telling what a piece of overpriced Sh*t Bose's are. I don't have the best ears, but I will have a sound engineer review the speakers.

Bose and Axiom are polar opposites, the former is all marketing, and no enginering the latter are all engineering no marketing.

Gee, don't go into the 'test' with any bias or anything eh?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Speaker Trials - 12/30/07 07:02 AM
 Originally Posted By: RickF
and also stated that the Bose 3-2-1 system was the absolute best thing going for HT ... I couldn't help but wonder just how many uninformed consumers actually buy into this crap. I'm betting the numbers are probably way higher than we'd like.

Must be the same line my father heard before he bought his 3-2-1 system
Posted By: Wid Re: Speaker Trials - 12/30/07 07:08 AM

Not all Bose speakers are as bad as most on the forum would suggest. I had the 901s for quite some time. When positioned just right, not an easy task mind you, the can sound quite good.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Speaker Trials - 12/30/07 02:01 PM
One forum member chose the 601 series IIs over 80s, 22s, M3s and Nuance. In the 17 years of owning 601s, I could never get them to simulate depth and imaging to the left and right of centre inside the speaker boundaries. Then when I got the 80s I was shocked with how much mid-range, treble and lows I was missing with the 601s. And the imaging with the 80s was nothing short of miraculous.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Speaker Trials - 12/30/07 07:20 PM
I wouldn't say all Bose are bad either, but for the same price look what you get from Axiom.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Speaker Trials - 12/30/07 09:44 PM
Yes Rick I agree, like I said back in the day Bose made some decent stuff. Today, all this cube crap is just that, crap. \:\)
Posted By: bridgman Re: Speaker Trials - 12/30/07 10:26 PM
IMO Bose is still popular because they are one of the few companies that supply a "no-brainer" solution which can be hooked up by normal people without relying on forums or friends. In terms of sound quality for the dollar there are much better solutions but if you think about Bose as "the high end of home-theater-in-a-box" it makes more sense.

The worst part seems to be the incredible wave of BS that hits you as soon as you go into a store that sells Bose equipment.
© Axiom Message Boards