Axiom Home Page
Posted By: el_giovato Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/06/08 11:08 PM
I purchased a pair of VaSSallo M3s about 1 year ago and promised to post pictures once I got them set-up. I rarely post here, so I'm a bit late - sorry about that! The real wood finish on these is extremely well done. I bought them from one of the first owner's group sales, and I'm blown away by their sound quality every time I fire them up. I have them connected to a Cayen tube amp and a squeezebox, which streams my music in FLAC from my HTPC. The convenience of having my entire music library at my finger tips, in a lossless format, made the hours spent ripping my 500 CDs well worth it.

Here's shot of the set-up. The tension on the right speaker wire is not normally there, it has since been corrected.

This is a close-up of the finish, it matches my railing quite nicely.

Here's a shot with the grill off. I never have the speakers naked like this, as my 2 kids are much too curious. -Newman, my 2 1/2 year old saw me take the grill off, no good can come of this -.

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/06/08 11:33 PM
Nice finish. It looks like it matches the banister wood.
Posted By: DaveG Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/07/08 12:44 PM
Nice look, hard to beat real wood for appearance.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/07/08 04:06 PM
Diego never looked better.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/07/08 06:21 PM
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Posted By: el_giovato Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/07/08 11:40 PM
Diego - my youngest daughter is obsessed with that cartoon!!! Although I have to admit, it's much better than the Teletubbies stage.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/08/08 02:04 AM
My youngest son loves The Backyardigans and the music on that show covers alot of generes. We have the cds from it and they sound pretty decent.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/08/08 03:50 PM
Nice speakers, you forgot to mention the finish, unless I missed it somewhere.
Posted By: el_giovato Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/08/08 10:03 PM
The Backyardigans - we've watched that one a few times, quite the major production.
Posted By: el_giovato Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/08/08 10:06 PM
They are oak with a satin coffee stain.
Posted By: Nachosgrande Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/09/08 08:08 PM
 Originally Posted By: el_giovato
They are oak with a satin coffee stain.

Well that's some way to treat the new M3's!!!
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/10/08 01:49 AM
 Originally Posted By: el_giovato
Diego - my youngest daughter is obsessed with that cartoon!!! Although I have to admit, it's much better than the Teletubbies stage.

OH yes.
Teletubbies would drive any sane adult into an asylum within hours.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/10/08 05:12 PM
Personally, I think the same about Baby Einstein (some research indicates that this is actually bad for children), Calliou (little brat), Thomas the Tank engine (serious brat), and many other children's marketing programming out there.

This is going to start a war, isn't it...
Posted By: jakewash Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/10/08 07:12 PM
I don't think any of them are bad. It's about keeping the little ones occupied for a short time while you get a break to do other things needed around the house. It is all about moderation, like everything.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/10/08 09:25 PM
So is it bad that my 2 yr old daughter has been waking up and saying "I want cow milk" and "I wanna watch TV" first thing after walking into our room in the morning?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/10/08 11:15 PM
Not in my books, means its an easy breakfast and an extra hour in bed\:D
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/11/08 01:49 AM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
So is it bad that my 2 yr old daughter has been waking up and saying "I want cow milk" and "I wanna watch TV" first thing after walking into our room in the morning?

Well she knows what a cow is, that's a start.
Then again, she also knows what a tv is and may even be able to push on buttons soon, but has yet to figure out a toilet.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/11/08 04:10 AM
She's already quite accomplished with buttons and will, on occasion, use the potty -- just not for pooping.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/11/08 04:11 AM
I'm sure things will change at some point as far as my TV preferences go. But I'd rather just watch auto racing with him.

Sigh... why does racing season have to start in March?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Pictures of my VaSSallo M3 - 01/11/08 04:28 AM
Because they don't want any basketball fans watching?
© Axiom Message Boards