Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Leslie Quality of streaming music - 04/17/08 09:52 PM
The common negative feedback given to the Axiom M60s is that they're so clear that you'll notice every flaw in poor recordings. 50% of my time I listen to vinyl, and the other 50% I listen to streaming music from Rhapsody that will be sent to my receiver from a wireless Roku Soundbridge. Will the streaming music be noticeably bad on the M60s?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Quality of streaming music - 04/17/08 10:09 PM
It won't sound bad unless you have them saved in a very minimal form like a bit rate of 96 or less. I have my music as flac files and it sounds great on the M80s and the few MP3 songs(128 or higher) I have played still sound pretty good, just not as full or rich as the original source but still pretty good.

Check the hearing things forum for someone nearby that might be able to give you an audition and then you could hear them and decide for yourself.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Quality of streaming music - 04/18/08 02:41 AM
I listen to streaming music all the time on Pandora and it sounded great on my 60's and 80's. I believe they use 128kbps streaming mp3.
Posted By: Murph Re: Quality of streaming music - 04/18/08 12:34 PM
I send my music via a Squeezebox but it actually receives and decodes the flac files through my network so nothing is lost. Not truly streaming, I suppose, in the strictest definition.

However, I listen to a lot of streamed internet radio through it lately as well. I was very pleasantly surprised at how good some of the higher bandwidth stations sound. The lower bandwidth stations sound poor but that's to be expected.

Do you know what Kb/s levels the the Roku transmits at? Are their options to increase or decrease this number?
Posted By: Leslie Re: Quality of streaming music - 04/18/08 04:16 PM
Thank you for all the feedback.
Rhapsody streams at 128kbps

It doesn't give the stream rate info on the Roku site. I would assume that it maintains the 128kbps.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Quality of streaming music - 04/18/08 07:15 PM
You should be good to go!
© Axiom Message Boards