Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ClayB Opinions on HD Radio? - 04/29/08 09:59 PM
Hey all, (OK maybe only US residents)

Does anyone else have an opinion on HD-Radio? I added a Sangean HDT-1x HD Tuner to my rig and am VERY HAPPY with the quality. I have two favorite Twin Cities radio stations that I like to listen to (Cities97 and The Current) and it was painful with my old NAD tuner; regular FM - all compressed, punched, and multipathy, was hard to listen to on a system that uncovered all flaws in the source. HD is much much better to my ears, much more dynamic range and better S/N, and the stations cool it on the typical mid-range goose they give regular FM to increase the in-car 'punch'. Not CD quality but very decent to my ears. Anyone else with an opinion?
Posted By: donaldekelly Re: Opinions on HD Radio? - 05/02/08 03:51 AM
No review yet, but it seems all the HD radios I have seen are either table top thingys or go in your car. Actual component tuners and or receivers? Nice - finally some decent HD radio pieces.

http://www.amazon.com/Sangean-HDT-1X-Radio-stereo-tuner/dp/B000XCRN6O
Posted By: Spoiler Re: Opinions on HD Radio? - 05/02/08 11:43 AM
A friend of mine has an HD receiver in his car and it does sound excellent. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before home receivers will have HD radio built-in (if not already).
© Axiom Message Boards