Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CooLJ92 Question: Portable iPod dock by Axiom? - 05/05/08 11:10 PM
Has Axiom ever consider a portable dock for those of us that travel? Would be nice to see a product like the Bose, Altec and Mirage systems. I would love to take the quality sound of Axiom with me when I travel or to a family Bar-B-Q. I would love to take something like this to a family gathering and say...."this is the quality of sound that I have all throughout my home."

jj
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Question: Portable iPod dock by Axiom? - 05/06/08 02:35 AM
It's don't think it's really possible to get the kind of sound Axiom demands of its products from a package that small.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Question: Portable iPod dock by Axiom? - 05/06/08 12:33 PM
Maybe if they spent as much on advertising and marketing gimmicks as bose they could convince people it was possible!

Anyway, you could just always carry a pair of audiobytes around with you.
Axiom was investigating the possibility of a carry-case. Their target audience would be people doing multi-media presentations, but nothing would prevent someone to have a special "Thanksgiving Diner" edition to impress the family!
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
It's don't think it's really possible to get the kind of sound Axiom demands of its products from a package that small.

Sounds like a challenge to me. I bet Ian doesn't have it in him... I also bet he couldn't sell it for under $200 either... I also bet I'd buy one if Axiom solf them.
Posted By: CooLJ92 Re: Question: Portable iPod dock by Axiom? - 05/09/08 04:50 PM
pmbuko,

I disagree. Look at the in-wall speakers (w2,w22,w100). Anything is possible with a little research and testing.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Question: Portable iPod dock by Axiom? - 05/09/08 04:54 PM
The in walls are quite deep, though, all things considered.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Question: Portable iPod dock by Axiom? - 05/09/08 09:00 PM
The laws of physics cannot be circumvented. Sure, Axiom could produce a unit that might sound better than others on the market, but I have a feeling they have a certain set of minimum standards below which they are not willing to go.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Question: Portable iPod dock by Axiom? - 05/09/08 11:53 PM
hmmm... you could just buy this one:

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=DTC_LINKS_TARGET_EVENT&DTCLinkID=7475&src=SOUNDDOCK

Posted By: jakewash Re: Question: Portable iPod dock by Axiom? - 05/10/08 03:58 AM
I couldn't get my wife to NOT buy that one Terzaghi, She liked the sound the best and it was the most portable in her realm of thinking. I am having a hard time dealing with the anxiety of a Bose product residing in my house again. To be honest it doesn't sound as bad as the 3-2-1 system my dad has. She likes it and that is all that matters. I have the M80s and PB13 to drown it out.
© Axiom Message Boards