Axiom Home Page
Posted By: hammer Sexy speakers? - 06/26/08 02:43 AM

Not sure if this is a repost. But these things are insane. Have a look. Anybody ever listen any of these?

http://www.audiojunkies.com/blog/711/the-worlds-15-sexiest-speakers-put-your-girlfriend-to-shame
Posted By: anthony11 Re: Sexy speakers? - 06/26/08 05:22 AM
I keep thinking about Kronos when I see those Urban Fidelity units.
Posted By: zhimbo Re: Sexy speakers? - 06/26/08 11:51 AM
I've seen it before, I don't know if it was here.

The thing that gets me is the "sexy" part. I think "fugly" is a better term for nearly all of them.
Posted By: hammer Re: Sexy speakers? - 06/27/08 02:57 AM
I just don't understand why they cost so much. Who would pay that much?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Sexy speakers? - 06/27/08 03:01 AM
People with too much money. Me? I'd rather have the Bentley. A tad more useful.
Posted By: davidsch Re: Sexy speakers? - 06/27/08 11:45 AM
I have never heard any of these, but there is a review of the Cabasse La Sphere in this months issue of Stereophile magazine. The review was not as complimentary as you would expect for a $150,000 speaker.
Posted By: JaimeG Re: Sexy speakers? - 06/27/08 03:34 PM
wow, a 22" woofer.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Sexy speakers? - 06/27/08 03:46 PM
Hmm, nothing like a little psychology trickery to sell your speakers:

----
The Urban Fidelity Duevel Planets were designed by Markus Duevel as affordable loudspeakers that are "designed for hip music lovers, not tweaky audiophiles."
----

Yeah, cause if I buy your speakers, that means I'm cooler than all my nerd friends with their SPL meters.

Makes me think that their speakers are crap and that the "tweaky audiophiles" would see through the crap. Hence, the company intends to sell to people with money who don't know better.

I would suspect that this strategy applies to a lot of these speakers.

P.S. Uh oh, Ken, something's coming over me. Two serious posts from me in two days. Hmm, this bears investigation ...
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Sexy speakers? - 06/27/08 03:53 PM
Your afro must be heating your brain causing a nice cozy environment for your neurons to group hug in.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Sexy speakers? - 06/27/08 04:01 PM
If only I had that much hair!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Sexy speakers? - 06/27/08 04:22 PM
Well, they are cheaper by an order of magnitude than anything else on that list. So cheap, in fact, that I would bet they do sound like crap. I mean, the finish on those alone...
Posted By: Nick B Re: Sexy speakers? - 06/27/08 10:57 PM
I think that the Axiom's with high gloss finishes (even though they are vinyl) look pretty sexy and have much,much more reasonable prices. I would have went with the high gloss cherry but I was afraid that a few years down the line it might be discontinued when I want to add some additional speakers.

- Nick
© Axiom Message Boards