Axiom Home Page
Posted By: a401classic New T-Series..... IN THE HOUSE !!!!!! - 08/22/08 01:34 AM
...and also still in the box. I didn't even know they were coming - no shipping notification. So I will probably get to unpacking them for a look-see by the weekend and I'll post some pics. I know which wall they're going into, just not 100% sure how I'm gonna run the wires - the attic is really hot this time of year. I'll get them started with my old Techniques AVR and if bass is an issue, I'm gonna try my old Cambridge "bass module" from the Ensemble series that used to was part of the old surround sound system - Thanks to Axiom I now have a Home Theater. HUGE difference between the two.
Stay tuned...

Scott
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: New T-Series..... IN THE HOUSE !!!!!! - 08/22/08 01:51 AM
Very cool, Scott. Let us know how you like 'em.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New T-Series..... IN THE HOUSE !!!!!! - 08/22/08 02:27 AM
T-tillating news!
Posted By: jakewash Re: New T-Series..... IN THE HOUSE !!!!!! - 08/22/08 02:45 AM
T-riffic
Posted By: fredk Re: New T-Series..... IN THE HOUSE !!!!!! - 08/22/08 03:24 AM
T... um, DOH!
Posted By: DaveG Re: New T-Series..... IN THE HOUSE !!!!!! - 08/22/08 11:21 AM
Congrats on the new speakers.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: New T-Series..... IN THE HOUSE !!!!!! - 08/22/08 02:32 PM
Excellent! They are so thin... just make sure you don't lose one in the wall! \:\)
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: New T-Series..... IN THE HOUSE !!!!!! - 08/22/08 05:51 PM
Very exciting news! Photographic documentation of the entire ensuing journey will be required!!
Posted By: terzaghi Re: New T-Series..... IN THE HOUSE !!!!!! - 08/22/08 07:42 PM
where are these things on the product page?
 Originally Posted By: terzaghi
where are these things on the product page?

They're not there yet. They were listed in the newsletter and I bit on the offer.

I've got too much going on this weekend to get them in the wall, but I will have time to set them on top of my M80's and have a bit of an A/B event. Sorry folks, no switch, no double blind listening, unless I close both eyes while switching speaker leads ;\)

Scott
OK, so I got them unpacked ...

As you can see, they are well packed, as is customary of Axiom. The solid block with the recessed holes is a painting mask so that one only paints the MDF boarder.

As for listening, I gave it a brief 4-5 minutes with very familiar selections and I am very pleased with them. So this is a very brief review. I started off, unknowingly, in Neo 6 and thought, WOW! Amazing imaging and stage presence. Once I switched to stereo that somewhat disappeared. What is noteworthy, though, is that in my room (<< note the qualifier here), the T-2's are a better timber match to the VP150 than my M80's!
Once in stereo I listened to the T-2's set to large, then made a comparison to the M80's set to small with the sub off. Not quite as detailed as the M80's, but bright and articulate. I even tried one of each connected, set on small, and at moderate volume (70-75 dB) the little T-2 held it's own. Past 85 dB and the M80's really filled the room. With the EP500 the T-2's were very satisfying. Five or six (two centers?) of these and a pair of EP400's could make for a very nice stealth home theater.

Scott
I love the attention to detail--a painting mask! Also, that's a great side pic of it sitting on top of an M80. The size difference is amusing.
those look very nice...
Posted By: Papa D Re: New T-Series..... IN THE HOUSE !!!!!! - 08/24/08 03:23 AM
So... how much do you suppose the sound will change after they are installed in the wall?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New T-Series..... IN THE HOUSE !!!!!! - 08/24/08 03:53 AM
If anything it would improve.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New T-Series..... IN THE HOUSE !!!!!! - 08/24/08 02:15 PM
I agree. They were designed with the wall as part of the equation. You'll likely get better bass response, at the least.
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
I agree. They were designed with the wall as part of the equation. You'll likely get better bass response, at the least.

Just putting my hand on the back of the enclosure improved the bass response, it was a notable difference. These things will be going into a main support wall (2X6 construction), so should I double up on the insulation and make the surrounding area as dense as possible?

T.S. Fay is giving us a rainy, blustery day, so I may tackle install today... maybe.

Scott
© Axiom Message Boards