Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko My Audiobytes survived their first trip - 11/03/08 02:53 AM
My wife (I helped!) organized, coordinated, planned, etc. a joint birthday party for our kids (now 3 and almost 5) at a cabin in the woods not far from where we live. One of my jobs was to cover the music. Despite the fact that we had plenty of more vital partyu and overnight supplies to hike in to the cabin (less than 1/4 mile), I decided that a small boom box was not good enough for me my family and the guests so I brought the Audiobytes (sans sub) along. They did not disappoint.

The source was an iPod shuffle that I had filled with a 1/3 kids music to 2/3 grown-up music ratio. The little speakers did a great job of filling the cabin -- about 20' x 35' in the main space -- with clear music. I got the opportunity to turn them up pretty high when my wife was accompanying some guests back to their cars and the depth to which the little speakers could go (seemed to go?) was impressive.

I'll definitely bring them along the next time it makes sense. \:\)
Sounds like you had a fun time, Peter!

Pics?
Peter, if you really loved your family, it's clear that you should have carried a subwoofer through the woods.

Someone call CFS!!!

Posted By: pmbuko Re: My Audiobytes survived their first trip - 11/03/08 01:21 PM
We just unpacked the camera this morning. I'm not sure the Audiobytes made it into any pics, though.

One thing I forgot to mention about the Audiobytes: kudos to Axiom for supplying audio cables of such generous length with them.
How much of a performance difference did you notice without using the sub. If one would be interested in buying this for a p.c (casual listening), is getting the sub a must?

Dr. House
© Axiom Message Boards