Axiom Home Page
For quite a while I had been wanting to buy a pair of JBL L880 tower's to complement my mid-size family room. I have a decent pair of yamaha nx-e200's right now. I have 2 12's and a 10 inch sub as well. I was mostly looking to upgrade the mid and high range of sound. I read pretty good reviews of the L880's, then was fairly impressed with av123's x-statik's (but not enough for their new price point) and enough to change my mind about the L880's after reading about the M60's. I'm pretty sure I'll buy the M60's in the next month or two. Good decision for 1K, what do you guys think??
Hey Soul, me again, this is a small forum....The m60's and m80's are very detailed speakers the will give you an accurate representation of the music as engineered by the recording studio. Keep in mind, if your listening to compressed mp3's and or a cd that was recorded crappy, some of those flaws may come out, these speakers are very true to the recording source, that is a good thing in my mind.
Hey, that sounds good to me! I much rather have an accurate presentation than something that is colored- which is why I think it's a smart idea to dodge from the L880's- I hope the imaging/soundfield will be much better on the M60's as well.

Yeah, I'm not real keen on compressed music. I can live with 192Kbps VBR ripped from the latest Itunes on my IPOD, anything under that and I can't help but be distracted. But I'd much rather throw in NIN's the downward spiral in 5.1 24/96, or dark side of the moon on SACD any day \:\)
Dude, Dark Side of the Moon (reg CD) sounded unbelievable on my old m60's and killer on my 80s. \:\) The detail and bass is awesome.

Where do you live? You might check the audition thread to see if someone in your area as Axioms you can listen to...
Oh yeah, that CD has unbelievable engineering for it's time, and still impresses me more than a good handfull of music out there. Had a chance to hear it on 5.1 SACD yet? Wow! See I also can't quite tell a huge difference between 16 and 24 bit audio (even newly released music) on my current setup... and I want to be able to differentiate it on a new one (M60's?).

I live around Portland, OR. I'm going on vacation to the Orange County/Los Angeles area for the next 2 weeks though....
In the "Hearing Things" section, the top thread page 1 has a list of people willing to audition, if your interested and see someone on the list just sent them a PM message.

I haven't experimented much with SACD much, I do have some music DVD's in 5.1 that sound great...kind of a 2 channel guy for music. \:\)
 Originally Posted By: SoulIntake
I'm going on vacation to the Orange County/Los Angeles area for the next 2 weeks though....

You mean folks actually do that?

\:\)
Oh yeah!! Vacation kinda... actually more like home to me, I haven't lived in Portland long.
Any other's have an idea as to how these might stack up to the L880's at all in terms of clarity and imaging?
The M60's are wonderful speakers. You'll be very happy with them.

Don't let these guys upsell you to M80's. They're just overcompensating. \:\)
Yeah I'm pretty hooked on the M60's. Next step after my vacation is to audition these.
If you don't find anybody up in Portland, I know there are a few guys down in CA area.
Heh heh... Portland's at least 8 hours away from any of us. Remember how big the West Coast states are?
Ken, he mentioned he was heading to LA for a vacation in a couple of weeks.
Oh fine.
yeah, read the entire thread, ha ha lol
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
Ken, he mentioned he was heading to LA for a vacation in a couple of weeks.

You mean folks actually do that Jay?

\:D
Funny as it seems, they do! \:\)
As I have posted here before, I was satisfied with my older JBL USA speakers. When I wanted to upgrade, I was not impressed with the new JBL import line.
I found the Axiom site, and have had M60s for almost five years now.

I think The M60's are the better choice.

A Pre-welcome to the M60s club!
People still buy M60's? ;\) Part of me wishes I had kept them....<sigh> I have even been debating on selling the M80s and buying the M60's again, not sure why

You are a crazzzy man! \:\)
The M60 posse rulz.
Just not quite as much as the M80 posse. ;\)
Note I said 'debating'. Talk is cheap. I would in no way actually do it, I like being married to my wife. \:\)
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
People still buy M60's? ;\) Part of me wishes I had kept them....<sigh> I have even been debating on selling the M80s and buying the M60's again, not sure why

Want to trade?
Sure my M22s for the M60s.
Alan was quoted as saying that the M60 Posse is extremely similar to the M80 Posse except that the M80 Posse are a bit louder and they have a little bigger bottom.
Well, my bottom may not be as big, my my mid (section) is huge (and growing every year). ;\)

Very good, Andrew!
Like my M80s I am well ballanced.
© Axiom Message Boards