Axiom Home Page
Posted By: cgolf Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/05/09 05:37 PM
These sound really sweet at BB but 1 speaker costs more than a set of M80s (most of that I'm sure is going to BB). I'm going to get a set of 80s for my media room and probably use my M22s for music but was curious about the Viennas...

Anybody using them for 2 channel music? Thoughts or opinions??? \:o
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/05/09 09:28 PM
 Originally Posted By: cgolf
These sound really sweet at BB but 1 speaker costs more than a set of M80s (most of that I'm sure is going to BB). I'm going to get a set of 80s for my media room and probably use my M22s for music but was curious about the Viennas...

Anybody using them for 2 channel music? Thoughts or opinions??? \:o

I've also heard them in the BB/Magnolia room. A couple of years ago I gave them a good listen while deciding whether or not to go with M80's. I liked them. Quite a bit, actually. The cabinets are beautiful and the sound was quite lovely. Very clean an detailed. Just pleasant to listen to. My only complaint was that they were a little lacking in bass. That could have been the setup, so who knows.

The problem came when I realized that the price tag said 'EACH' on it.

IMHO, they are good speakers, but not worth 3x the price of M80's. After I got my M80's, I went back to listen to them again. They are still very lovely speakers. I'd be proud to own them. I think the sound a lot like M80's. Just a tiny bit less bass impact (which again, might be the setup at Best Buy). Good, just $$$$$.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/05/09 11:04 PM
Not trying to H-JK here but does BB in the US wheel and deal with any of their pricing? they do, to some degree in Cda, usually if you're buying a couple of $$ items? Btw, those speakers look nice but seem rather pricey (never heard them before though). US BB offers much better speaker equipment than here. BB Cda's pretty weak on selection even compared to FS, which they own.
Posted By: Zimm Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/05/09 11:20 PM
They will cut deals at BB, but not sure on the Vienna line. The Vienna speakers are very high end. Shocked they allows them to be sold at BB. The wood finish is amazing and the sound is supposed to be very good from what I have read. But you are definitely going for looks over sound if you want Vienna. Check out their web page, it is truly beautiful stuff.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/05/09 11:21 PM
I'm sure that's through the Magnolia part of BB, innit? Then again, I don't know...
Posted By: Wid Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/05/09 11:26 PM

It is Ken.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/05/09 11:31 PM
That explains it, then.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/05/09 11:37 PM
 Originally Posted By: Zimm
Check out their web page, it is truly beautiful stuff.

Just checked them out, yes, they are very beautiful speakers indeed. Dare I ask $$??
Posted By: cgolf Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/05/09 11:45 PM
Yes they are pricey!! $1500 per speaker so like I said, one speaker is more than a set of M80s. They are beautiful but I don't have beautiful $$, I only have quality $$...
Posted By: Zimm Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/06/09 02:42 AM
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
That explains it, then.

Yes and no (IMO). Vienna has a strong reputation in a zone of audiophilia I don't live in. Once they started putting them in BB (even if in a special corner) I'm shocked Vienna could not pull the cord. Audiophiles, sorry, "audiophiles", don't want to own speakers that I can buy from BB – even if this is not their real trademark series. But damn, look at what Vienna can make if you are willing to pay for it: Damn Fine Speakers
Posted By: Adrian Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/06/09 02:51 AM
$27,000.00 a pair, pphhhttah!! us audiopiles prefer something more exclusive than that...what colours do they come in?
Posted By: Zimm Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/06/09 02:57 AM
 Originally Posted By: Adrian
$27,000.00 a pair, pphhhttah!! us audiopiles prefer something more exclusive than that...what colours do they come in?

Anything you want, but it will cost extra.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/06/09 03:20 AM
Periwinkle?
Posted By: Zimm Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/06/09 03:21 AM
Sure, why not. Who are you Prince?
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/06/09 03:25 AM
 Quote:

IMHO, they are good speakers, but not worth 3x the price of M80's.

3 times?

buy used

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1237160868&/Vienna-Acoustics-Mozart-Grand-
Posted By: Adrian Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/06/09 03:27 AM
Of course not, he would have ordered them in purple.
Posted By: Zimm Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/06/09 03:41 AM
I thought perIwrinkle was kinda purple? I'm glad I don't know the answer for certain.
Posted By: Zimm Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/06/09 03:43 AM
Damn, those are nice cabinets. And that's their bottom line.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/06/09 03:45 AM
\:D unfortunately I remember some of these weird colours from my pencil and crayon days...sky magenta, burnt umber, alizaron crimson(that's a good one!), prussian blue.......
Posted By: Adrian Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/06/09 03:47 AM
I like Pamela Andersons cabinets and her bottom line.
Posted By: fredk Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/06/09 03:49 AM
 Quote:
I like Pamela Andersons cabinets

Which version? She changed cabinets several times.
Posted By: Zimm Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/06/09 03:52 AM
 Originally Posted By: fredk
 Quote:
I like Pamela Andersons cabinets

Which version? She changed cabinets several times.

What do you mean? She was all natural...wood. No vinyl veneer on her - say it aint so!
Posted By: Adrian Re: Vienna Acoustics-Mozart Grands - 02/06/09 03:53 AM
The original version was best imo, later versions could have used some "tweaking".
© Axiom Message Boards