Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Emzdogz got my M3's!!!!!!!!! yippee skippee!!!!! - 11/11/09 10:17 PM
wow these suckers are breaking in AS I play them! They arrived today.

Getting noticeably better as time goes on. That seems odd as I've only had 'em on for a couple hours. But either my ears have adjusted or they are breaking in. Seems at 1st there were a couple of light areas...while bass was uber-prevalent. Now I feel its evening out.

I realize one thing. I am going to have to move to the other room, I THINK. Unfortunately one speaker has to be like 9 inches from the wall and that's making me unhappy. Also I have them sitting about a foot too high right now. I need to take the whole wall-long "low bench" that all my stuff sits on down, and re-do it.

These speakers - I want to say that they are "athletic". Is that a weird way to put it? They really drive the music around. I'm hearing stuff more in detail and the detail is not only in WHAT I hear but HOW I hear it as I'm getting a nice spatial effect.
But as has been suggested these speakers DO strip the music naked and distortion is not hidden in the least. So I'm hearing distortion in this Crazy Horse album. Duh...that's how it was made! But its really DETAILED distortion! lol..... like taking a picture of rust or dirt, but real high resolution.

Anyhoo, I am thrilled, to say the least! and am really looking forward to trying some other things as far as positioning and sources, etc.

OMG!!!!!!!!! "Crossroad" by Cream just came on!!!!! ITS RIPPING MY FACE OFF!!!!!!!!!! rip rip rip!!!!!! in a good way!

these are SWEET rock speakers!!!!!!!

OK more later.... those however are my 1st impressions. Will try some different kinds of music soon. HA!!!!! the drums are HITTING ME!!!!!!!
Ginger Baker thou art a crazy mahnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome aboard! And yes, your ears will continue to adjust for a while.
Posted By: Adrian Re: got my M3's!!!!!!!!! yippee skippee!!!!! - 11/11/09 11:33 PM
Lol! Em, you must have set the record here for exclamation marks! I'm sure you'll hear lots of details in your favourite music that you didn't realize was there.
The speakers are NOT breaking in, you are getting used to them. I am very glad you are so excited about them. Are you using them with a sub? If so, how do you have the speakers setup in the receiver?
Posted By: Emzdogz Re: got my M3's!!!!!!!!! yippee skippee!!!!! - 11/12/09 12:52 AM
no, no sub at this time.
So the speakers aren't breaking in, but rather my ears are breaking in, huh? ok, well that works, too.
This is by far the best sound I've had in a long, long time, maybe best ever.
Makes me just want to listen...and its been awhile since I had that feeling.
I am excited!
\:\)
Posted By: BigHonu Re: got my M3's!!!!!!!!! yippee skippee!!!!! - 11/12/09 01:05 AM
Congratulations and I'm glad you are happy with the M3's! Can't wait to hear your impressions once you get your room set up the way you want.
Posted By: Wid Re: got my M3's!!!!!!!!! yippee skippee!!!!! - 11/12/09 01:06 AM

It's nice you're really liking the M3s, we had no doubts \:\)
I hope you continue to enjoy them, but with your face attached to your head the way it should be!
Very cool, Em!!!! Glad you like your new speakers. I gotta agree with you, the M3s are robust little speakers that can really put out some sound. They are fun and can certainly rock by themselves!

Enjoy!!!
Posted By: fredk Re: got my M3's!!!!!!!!! yippee skippee!!!!! - 11/12/09 01:49 AM
 Quote:
So I'm hearing distortion in this Crazy Horse album.

I would be worried if you weren't.

Put on Clapton Unplugged. Its a treat on good speakers.

Posted By: Emzdogz Re: got my M3's!!!!!!!!! yippee skippee!!!!! - 11/12/09 02:13 PM
hehehhh, you really want pics? I will try to get one this evening.
Not much to see though...using a pair of broken speakers as speaker stands for now...
Sounds like many of us did when we first received our Axiom's. Glad you are liking them as much we we like ours and yes pics are mandatory on the forum from all new owners. \:\)
Posted By: Emzdogz Re: got my M3's!!!!!!!!! yippee skippee!!!!! - 11/13/09 09:07 PM
The Pit.
Obviously needs some re-arranging.

Nice. What are those thin, squares of cardboard to the left of your amp? \:\)
Definitely needs arranging! Start by centering the laptop! \:\)
Nice and enjoy!
I like the other blast from the past, just not as long ago, the i-Mac.

FYI, I read the other day that Blue Rodeo is looking to release their latest album on vinyl. I think this maybe a new trend as I remember other artists exclaiming the same thing. I may have to see if I kept the old turntable my dad had given me when he updated to CD way back when. \:\) Funny i don't remember seeing it when we packed up the house. \:\(
Posted By: Emzdogz Re: got my M3's!!!!!!!!! yippee skippee!!!!! - 11/20/09 05:30 PM
still loving the speakers!
\:D
"music is love......"
awesome... \:\)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: got my M3's!!!!!!!!! yippee skippee!!!!! - 11/20/09 05:36 PM
Are those Polk speakers are hiding their faces in shame or something? \:\)
Posted By: Adrian Re: got my M3's!!!!!!!!! yippee skippee!!!!! - 11/20/09 06:26 PM
A question for the techy guys: is there any chance of resonance(intonation?) from the speaker being used as a "stand" as Em has done?
Posted By: Emzdogz Re: got my M3's!!!!!!!!! yippee skippee!!!!! - 11/21/09 01:14 AM
the Polks are dead. No idea what happened to them. Bought them used from eBay. As soon as I hooked them up I noticed one had an awful rattle if there was any bass to the music at all. Then soon after they had nothing coming from the tweeters.
A shame. NO clue what happened. But a repair at the close-by speaker repair place would be as much or more than I paid for them I'm pretty sure (going from previous repair experiences I've had). I will probably give them to the speaker place to use for parts or whatever, eventually.
\:\(
Posted By: Emzdogz Re: got my M3's!!!!!!!!! yippee skippee!!!!! - 11/21/09 01:15 AM
 Originally Posted By: Adrian
A question for the techy guys: is there any chance of resonance(intonation?) from the speaker being used as a "stand" as Em has done?

sure, would love to know.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: got my M3's!!!!!!!!! yippee skippee!!!!! - 11/22/09 08:19 PM
I would say that, yes, there is more than just a chance of sympathetic resonance in the Polk speakers. It's pretty much guaranteed that the Polk cabinets will resonate and the drivers will move when the speakers above them are playing. I wouldn't worry about it, though, as I doubt it would make any audible difference.
Posted By: Adrian Re: got my M3's!!!!!!!!! yippee skippee!!!!! - 11/22/09 09:57 PM
When I used to keep my Yamaha acoustic guitar in the TV room, it was amazing how it resonated sounds from the TV, stereo or even voices at times.
Posted By: Emzdogz Re: got my M3's!!!!!!!!! yippee skippee!!!!! - 11/24/09 12:21 AM
interesting, re: the resonating! I never would have thought of that.
I will be getting proper stands once I switch the room around. Or swap rooms...

ps a thought - it would be hilarious if I discovered the broken tweeters in the Polks were now making sound, but due to resonating!
© Axiom Message Boards