Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CoryL M22 imaging - 12/21/09 05:06 AM
Just got my M22's yesterday and love them. What is the optimum distance between the speakers for best imaging?

Thanks
Posted By: pmbuko Re: M22 imaging - 12/21/09 05:59 AM
The optimum separation between the speakers depends mostly on the distance they are from you. A good place to start is with an equilateral triangle, with your head at one of the points. I've found that I prefer my M22s a little bit closer to each other than I am from them.
Posted By: grunt Re: M22 imaging - 12/21/09 06:32 AM
A few other things I’ve found that effect imaging is symmetrical placement in relation to objects like walls bookshelves in the room, the same with your seating. Also not placing them to close to the side or front walls if you can avoid it. Toeing in the speakers can also effect imaging. Basically there are so many variables in each room the best thing I can suggest it to take any advise you get and use it as a starting point and then try tweaking from there.
Posted By: JohnK Re: M22 imaging - 12/21/09 08:44 AM
Cory, welcome. I'd suggest separating them about as much as your distance from them and toeing them in enough so that the tweeters point at your ears.

Another factor is to position them so that the distances from the mid-woofer cones to the three nearest room surfaces(floor and two walls)are unequal.
© Axiom Message Boards