Axiom Home Page
I'm pretty sure Klipsch made many compromises on sound quality in the creation of this product, but I love the idea behind it. It's a wireless speaker system that screws into a recessed light fixture -- and still provides light.

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/lightspeaker-system-overview/

Does it sound bright.
Very cool. I would have never thought of that. I have to give credit to their engineering team just for coming up with the idea and being able to bring it to the market. Would I buy somethat like that? No. But a very neat idea with an original concept/design behind it nonetheless.
I wonder if the LED colors the sound?
Pretty cool idea. Depending on the price, it could be a very convenient solution for bars and restaurants.
 Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Would I buy somethat like that? No. But very neat idea with an orignal concept behind it nonetheless.

Agreed. I might, however, recommend them to someone who wasn't a stickler for accurate sound and was looking for an easy way to get music into a room that had recessed lights. \:\)
You could use it with track lighting, and be able to aim the speakers.
Line array track lighting!!
Yeah, weird how no one thought of this before. The only negative I see is the price. IIRC, it's around $800 or so.

I like how last week's CES showed some stuff where you thought, "How come no one thought of that before?" The best one IMHO, was the Boxee remote (not necessarily the box). Having a full QWERTY remote on the back of the remote is GENIUS. I would love that on Tivo and PS3 so I don't have to use the D pad to move to each letter.
You've surely seen the Wireless Keypad for the PS3. I have a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard, but it's nearly full sized, and a pain to use when you're trying to do anything else.
I saw that Klipsch thing yesterday, too. Thought it was brilliant but way overpriced.
$600, according to the link.
 Originally Posted By: Adrian
Does it sound bright.

Good one!
© Axiom Message Boards