Axiom Home Page
Posted By: RayLewis Genesis--Three Sides Live - 03/31/10 06:16 PM
Anyone else a fan of this album? I am not a Genesis fan, but have been obsessing over it lately. My wife just recently found it for me to add to my Ipod. What's odd is that she had a very hard time finding it, at least at a reasonable price. We ended up with some European version which actually has all four "sides" live. Different from what I had when I was younger, and I miss the studio side, but I just love this album.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Genesis--Three Sides Live - 03/31/10 06:40 PM
if you love the album, you must be a fan now. \:\)
Posted By: Adrian Re: Genesis--Three Sides Live - 03/31/10 06:41 PM
I can't remember if I had that album or not, I went through a Genesis phase in the early 80's....anyone with a powerfull sub needs to crank the start of "Dance on a Volcano"....earth moving. It's odd that some music such as Genesis that was quite popular years ago is dificult to find.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Genesis--Three Sides Live - 03/31/10 08:06 PM
I still have the vinyl (autographed) and the VHS tape of Three Sides Live. If you are enjoying this, try "Seconds Out" (one of my favs).
Posted By: RayLewis Re: Genesis--Three Sides Live - 03/31/10 08:14 PM
Rock_Head: That is very cool. The reason I asked my wife to try to find the album is I was channel surfing recently, and stumbled across a Genesis concert from Rome. Seems it was filmed in 2007 or so. In any event, they were playing In the Cage Medley, and I thought about how I really like Three Sides Live. I then thought about how I have no idea how to get music on my Ipod, so I asked my lovely wife to see if she could find it. Very glad she found it.

I'll check Seconds Out, out.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Genesis--Three Sides Live - 03/31/10 08:23 PM
Seconds Out! THAT's the live Genesis album I had, still have somewhere.
Posted By: audiosavant Re: Genesis--Three Sides Live - 03/31/10 10:44 PM
Second vote for

Seconds Out!

Genesis were great. Then Peter Gabriel left. They stayed great for 2 more albums.

Then Steve Hackett left (a vastly underrated guitarist btw.).

That's where I stop listening Genesis.

Although I really like the Brand X stuff that Phil Collins did later.Crap solo career but a fantastic drummer.

Anyone heard Steve Hackett's Voyage Of The Acolyte?

Excellent prog rock.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Genesis--Three Sides Live - 04/01/10 04:51 PM
I had vinyl of Three Sides Live and Voyage of the Acolyte. Haven't heard either one in years. Thanks for the prompts!

I thought Duke was actually a pretty good album for the 3-man lineup, but I don't think it has aged that well.

After that, I just kept wanting them to be good.

I like Mike Rutherford's Smallcreep's Day.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Genesis--Three Sides Live - 04/01/10 05:08 PM
Trick of the Tail was one of their better efforts, imo.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Genesis--Three Sides Live - 04/01/10 07:15 PM
Actually, I have Steve Hackett's Voyage Of The Acolyte and a few others on vinyl. I remember seeing Steve in a 1000 seat venue after he left Genesis. Very underrated indeed. He has continued to release cd's/dvd's over the years however I haven't kept up.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Genesis--Three Sides Live - 04/01/10 07:17 PM
Tom,
I have all of Mike Rutherford's albums/cd's.
I enjoyed Smallcreep's Day although I haven't listened to the album in a very long time.
It's probably about time to hook up the turntable and give these oldies a spin.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Genesis--Three Sides Live - 04/01/10 07:41 PM
The "When In Rome" DVD is very good as well. There's a great version of "Ripples" from A Trick Of The Tail.
Posted By: RayLewis Re: Genesis--Three Sides Live - 04/01/10 07:56 PM
"When In Rome" is what I think I saw on TV. It was good. If that is the same concert--I thought the lighting and sheer size of the screens behind the stage were pretty amazing.
Posted By: sovkiller Re: Genesis--Three Sides Live - 05/13/10 03:22 AM
Forget about old good noisy vinyl, Genesis released recently all the studio albums in SACD, if you can grab them, is a real eargasm to listen them, and trust me that you will be in heaven....
© Axiom Message Boards