Axiom Home Page
Posted By: DougieBaby Smooth jazz anyone - 12/18/10 05:02 AM
I've been listening to and enjoying Spyro Gyra The Deep End on SACD. I see there are other Spyro albums on SACD too, any recommendations on those or other high quality smooth jazz in high res 5.1? I also enjoy listening to Watercolors on Sirius XM. Must mean I'm getting old. Lol
Posted By: GTZ Re: Smooth jazz anyone - 12/18/10 02:04 PM
Not getting old, just appreciating different music. I've always enjoyed rock music since I was a kid in the 60's. I still like rock but have listened to a smooth jazz station broadcast on TW cable and really enjoy it. And naw, I'm not getting old either:).
Posted By: BobKay Re: Smooth jazz anyone - 12/18/10 02:20 PM
As a 57 year old rock and roll baby, I'd say you ARE getting old. I did the jazz thing in my youth to get it out of my system for good. Don't worry. It's still a long time before you're yelling at anyone who talks over Wheel of Fortune. I hope.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Smooth jazz anyone - 12/18/10 02:21 PM
Oh, and welcome to you both. Have fun here. We do!

Sophomoric retorts always welcome.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Smooth jazz anyone - 12/19/10 04:26 AM
I really like Jane Monheit, I guess she would be considered "smooth" jazz.
Posted By: sam3274 Re: Smooth jazz anyone - 12/31/10 04:52 PM
Smooth jazz for me anytime.
Posted By: casey01 Re: Smooth jazz anyone - 12/31/10 09:23 PM
Originally Posted By: sam3274
Smooth jazz for me anytime.

Check out the Wave947.FM online. It is a station just down the road from me.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Smooth jazz anyone - 01/01/11 12:25 AM
Adrian, I also really like Jane, not to mention your fellow Canadian Diana Krall, I just get chills thinking of her.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Smooth jazz anyone - 01/01/11 12:42 AM
Holly Cole has some nice songs too.
Posted By: grunt Re: Smooth jazz anyone - 01/01/11 01:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Adrian
I really like Jane Monheit, I guess she would be considered "smooth" jazz.

I met Jane Monheit a couple years ago at a local high end audio dealer owned by a couple of brothers when I was shopping around for speakers. She’s or at least was married and maybe still is to their cousin and was visiting. Yes she’s just as hot in person.

Yes I was weak and ended up buying 3 of her Cds from them. wink
Posted By: Adrian Re: Smooth jazz anyone - 01/01/11 03:33 AM
I would have melted like buttah, too. laugh
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Smooth jazz anyone - 01/01/11 09:25 PM
I generally don't like "smooth jazz", but I'm a HUGE fan of Keiko Matsui. Go figure! HAHA! Her stuff has a lot of melody though, and sometimes a nice mix of electronica, rock, and pop. I've seen her live twice. Fantastic!
© Axiom Message Boards