Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BlueJays1 Dolby Headphone - 01/27/11 10:32 PM
I must say it kicks ass especially for gaming.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Dolby Headphone - 01/28/11 06:40 PM
Which headset are you using?
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Dolby Headphone - 01/28/11 06:58 PM
I don't use an all in one headset. Instead I use an Astro MixAmp and a variety of regular/stereo full sized headphones that you then can mod with a mic if you want. You can do this with any headphone. As the MixAmp is very portable it can be used with a PC, 360 or PS3 and powered solely by a single USB port on each. The Audio Technica ATH-AD700 or AD900 are terrific for gaming because of their soundstage, comfort and low impedance (easy to power). They are also very affordable.

The Astro Mixamp is an awesome device with a lot of connectivity and of course that it supports Dolby Headphone. This type of setup sounds really good and you get a lot of control with the discrete voice channel balance.

http://www.astrogaming.com/products/detail/69/MixAmp/
Posted By: cb919 Re: Dolby Headphone - 01/28/11 07:25 PM
Cool, thanks for the link. Might be a good late night option for me as my HT is beside my daughter's bedroom. For those nights when she uses any sound heard as an excuse to get out of bed. tired
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Dolby Headphone - 01/28/11 07:40 PM
Of course if your receiver supports Dolby Headphone then you are already set. However, if you use a headphone with a separate mic this is where the MixAmp comes in handy. They also have a wireless version of the MixAmp that operates at the 5.8GHz frequency but it does not nearly have the connectivity of the wired version which I quite like.
Posted By: PhillipD Re: Dolby Headphone - 01/29/11 01:20 AM
I use these for xbox and you are right they kick ass. I even have witched a few movies with them late at night and they sound amazing.
Turtle Beach X41's

Later
Phil
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Dolby Headphone - 01/29/11 02:31 AM
I agree with what they say about the advantages with gaming especially with specific sound/spatial cues that a good headphone setup offers over a home theater surround system. Dolby Headphone is a nice addition.
© Axiom Message Boards