Axiom Home Page
Posted By: twodan19 how do you load your cd or dvd? - 07/16/03 09:27 PM
i have a single tray cd player as well as a single tray dvd player. when i load either, i open the tray and kinda toss the cd or dvd at the tray to see if i can " sink" it, kinda like Larry Bird style. my wife asked me why i do this and think i had some dumb answer. so, whats your method?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: how do you load your cd or dvd? - 07/16/03 09:35 PM
I don't think I'm alone when I say I hold the discs by the edges and set it gently down in the tray. I then press the "close" or "play" button to retract the tray. I HATE when people just shove the tray in to get it to "auto" retract.

Toss 'em from across the room, eh? Remind me to never buy any used cd/dvd's from you.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: how do you load your cd or dvd? - 07/16/03 09:39 PM
When loading either my CD changer of the DVD/SACD player, I always make sure the discs are in place properly before closing. With the CD changer, I always hit the close button because it woudl take too much force to engage the auto-close.

With the DVD/SACD player, I've been known to push the tray in occasionally. :/
Posted By: ZeN Re: how do you load your cd or dvd? - 07/16/03 09:41 PM
I'll go "out on a limb" and agree with everything spiffnme has to say...

ZeN
Posted By: MIKEY Re: how do you load your cd or dvd? - 07/16/03 09:54 PM
I guess it would depend on the mood I'm in.. Or, if it was a rental.. hahaa
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: how do you load your cd or dvd? - 07/16/03 10:07 PM
I'm totally with spiff and zen on this one.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: how do you load your cd or dvd? - 07/16/03 11:35 PM
Since I've been working tech support, I'm not nearly as careful with CDs as I used to be. I usually drop or set them into place in the changer and the DVD player (NOT from across the room; at most a 1/2 inch above the tray). I'm like Peter in that I press the close button on the changer and the tray on the DVD. I usually make sure that they're lined up properly, at least.

On computers, I usually just drop the cd on the tray, and then shove the tray in. Or shove the CD in slot loaders. I totally mistreat my tech/installer CDs, but they're all copies anyway.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: how do you load your cd or dvd? - 07/18/03 09:31 PM
next time your bored and feel like breaking the cd tray on your computer, let it come out and then shove it back in as fast as you can and it makes this really funny sound and its just alot of fun to do.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: how do you load your cd or dvd? - 07/19/03 05:05 AM
Not with MY drives I'm not!
© Axiom Message Boards