Axiom Home Page
I just got a Facebook alert that Rush is releasing a remastered Moving Pictures in a CD + DVD set and as a CD + Blu-ray set.

Here's the official video ad from youTube, on Rush's Beyond the Lighted Stage channel. Some details are included there:

(snip)
- DIGITALLY REMASTERED CD ALBUM
- AUDIOPHILE 5.1 SURROUND SOUND MIX - supervised by the band's Alex Lifeson
- ADVANCED-RESOLUTION AUDIO QUALITY - Astonishing 96kHz/24-bit audio on DVD and Blu-ray. The closest experience to what the band hear in the studio
- 3 MUSIC VIDEOS - Tom Sawyer, Limelight and the previously unreleased Vital Signs
- EXPANDED BOOKLET with RARE PHOTOS - plus brand-new liners by Rolling Stone's David Fricke
(snip)

According to blu-ray.com, the release has been delayed from April 5 to May 3, and the "audiophile" 5:1 mix means DTS-HD Master Audio. REFLECT!

However, according to this site, it sounds like the difference in release dates may just be a reflection of the fact that Brest Best Buy is the only place to get the Blu-ray edition for the first month that it is out.
Sounds intriguing. Lets hope Alex hasn't lost his hearing from being on stage all his life.
Yeah, I think I'll give it a whirl. I mean, it's not vynil, but it should still be good enough anyway ...
Originally Posted By: medic8r

- AUDIOPHILE 5.1 SURROUND SOUND MIX - supervised by the band's Alex Lifeson

Damn. I was hoping for an audiopile version.
Yeah, exactly where my mind went as well.

reflect
Funny, we were all thinking the same thing.
wut bouit BiwWyres Vvinyl v3version
Moving Pictures.... I can almost recall the smoke induced memories of that album's initial release.
Yes, and the "smoke" is still present on the recent toursgrin
I am taking my soon to be 7 year old son to the Rush concert in Vancouver at the end of June. I suppose that I'll have to explain what that smell is?
American cigarettes?
No. Well, the last two tours I saw Rush in Washington and Vancouver. The B.C. Bud was more obvious at the Vancouver show.
I saw "Moving Pictures" in Edmonton in 81' or 82' when I was 19 yrs old. They had a huge screen behind them playing, aka moving pictures.

They are really my favorite band to this day....soooo many years

Edit: I lost ten years,lol I had 91, 92
© Axiom Message Boards