Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Saint Distance apart? M22 - 07/24/03 01:13 PM
What's the MINIMUM distance one could place the M22s apart for a "stereo" effect?

Posted By: Mahesh Re: Distance apart? M22 - 07/24/03 05:03 PM
My M22's are approx. 8-feet apart and they sound wonderful in 2-channel mode with me sitting around 10 to 13 feet away from them. They sound equally great even when I am only 6 feet away from them.

I did once place them just 6-feet apart but it was for a DVD movie that I was playing. Didn't notice any significant difference but frankly then I really wasn't listening very carefully.

You should look at some of the pictures in the Axiom Wall-o-Fame to see how far apart users are actually putting their speakers.

Cheers.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Distance apart? M22 - 07/24/03 06:04 PM
There is no magic number. The biggest factor in determining how far apart to place the speakers is how far away you will be sitting from them. Start by placing the M22s as far apart from each other as you are sitting from them.

Once you've got your equilateral triangle set up, experiment with toe-in (i.e. rotate the speakers slightly so they aim inward toward the listening position). Also move your listening position closer to and farther from the speakers. You should soon fine an arrangement where the speakers sound the best to you.
© Axiom Message Boards