Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SMOKEMONSTER different way to use m-22's - 05/20/11 12:42 AM
has anyone tried taking a piece of soft foam and cutting it in the shape of a cylinder. then plug up the port on the back? i did it, then turned my preamps tone control to flat. then adjust the preamp out crossover up to about 150 to 175. then i listened to the ragpickers dream loud (up around 150 watts) . sounds pretty good. give it a try
Posted By: bdpf Re: different way to use m-22's - 05/20/11 12:46 AM
Does it sound better than when they're used the way it is supposed to?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: different way to use m-22's - 05/20/11 12:49 AM
that would defeat the purpose of the design.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: different way to use m-22's - 05/20/11 03:09 AM
Doesn't mean it's a bad thing to try.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: different way to use m-22's - 05/20/11 03:11 AM
I bet Randy has never used anything in a way the manufacturer didn't intend.

Not even shelf brackets from Menards.

laugh
Posted By: SMOKEMONSTER Re: different way to use m-22's - 05/20/11 05:31 AM
i saw a video review for the energy veritos-v5.1 bookshelf speakers. and they include as an accessory a foam plug that youi can insert in the port in the rear. the point of this is to give the speakers more of a tight bass versus the base reflex. this is good when you want full stereo sound, without the base slam. so you can play music louder without anoying the pesky neighbors.
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Re: different way to use m-22's - 05/20/11 06:22 AM
Originally Posted By: SMOKEMONSTER
i saw a video review for the energy veritos-v5.1 bookshelf speakers. and they include as an accessory a foam plug that youi can insert in the port in the rear. the point of this is to give the speakers more of a tight bass versus the base reflex. this is good when you want full stereo sound, without the base slam. so you can play music louder without anoying the pesky neighbors.

So does my new KEF's.
© Axiom Message Boards