Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CatBrat Beetles music - 09/13/11 12:24 AM
I'd like to have a complete set of Beetles CD's sometime, but it seems that all of the ones available today are the re-mastered variety, with poor recording quality.

Is this the case? That a good set of Beetles CD's that you can buy today, doesn't exist?
Posted By: fredk Re: Beetles music - 09/13/11 12:38 AM
I thought that the last set of re-masters were supposed to be very good. I remember a couple of people here picking them up and commenting. No?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Beetles music - 09/13/11 01:19 AM
I think the newest box sets are the best ones you are going to find in terms of sound quality.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Beetles music - 09/13/11 02:48 AM
I've heard that the last remasters of the beAtles is good too.
Posted By: Argon Re: Beetles music - 09/13/11 11:22 AM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson

Is that pronounced like "Seattle"?
Posted By: J. B. Re: Beetles music - 09/13/11 11:43 AM
any relation to "a beatific smile" ?
Posted By: Adrian Re: Beetles music - 09/13/11 03:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Argon

Is that pronounced like "Seattle"?

That there is funny...(picturing Ed Sullivan introducing them as the Bee-Attles).
Posted By: Brent Re: Beetles music - 09/13/11 08:55 PM
Look for " THE BEATLES" stereo box set - much better remastering - you can actually hear what Ringo is doing on the drums - a little costly but a needed investment
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Beetles music - 09/14/11 02:49 AM
I'm assuming you are referring to this one.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Beetles music - 09/14/11 02:59 AM
The stereo box set will give you the complete collection. The mono box set does not include "Let it Be" or "Abbey Road" as both were recorded in stereo.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Beetles music - 09/14/11 11:52 AM
My very first Beetles album that I bought, was the Magical Mystery Tour album. I had one of those record players with stereo speakers that hang onto the sides or you could detatch and seperate them. I could swear that it was in stereo also.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Beetles music - 09/14/11 12:38 PM
It probably was, but it's more of a simulated stereo where the sound engineers made it stereo-like. What you'll get is voices coming out of one speaker and guitars coming out the other.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Beetles music - 09/14/11 01:10 PM
Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
It probably was, but it's more of a simulated stereo where the sound engineers made it stereo-like. What you'll get is voices coming out of one speaker and guitars coming out the other.

How do you think kid bands learned their parts? It sounds awful, but it made copping much easier.

And WHO missspellled BEATLES?? Hmmm?
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Beetles music - 09/14/11 01:26 PM
You're right it is Beatles. I always spelled it the other way. I had to look it up to make sure.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Beetles music - 09/14/11 01:27 PM
Hay! Hoo menthuned the speeling weigh bak their?
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Beetles music - 09/14/11 01:30 PM
I thought he was funning around.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Beetles music - 09/14/11 01:36 PM
He? I mean ME!

Posted By: CatBrat Re: Beetles music - 09/14/11 01:52 PM
Ok. I thought ME was funning around then.
Posted By: Argon Re: Beetles music - 09/14/11 02:57 PM
Well - the group started out - from Wiki.... "Aged sixteen, John Lennon formed a skiffle group called The Quarrymen, in March 1957.[1] Fifteen-year-old Paul McCartney joined as a guitarist after he and Lennon met that July.[10] When McCartney in turn invited George Harrison to watch the group the following February, the fourteen-year-old joined as lead guitarist.[11][12] By 1960, Lennon's schoolfriends had left the group, he had begun studies at the Liverpool College of Art and the three guitarists were playing rock and roll whenever they could get a drummer.[13] Lennon's fellow student Stu Sutcliffe joined on bass in January. Sutcliffe suggested changing the band name to "The Beetles" as a tribute to Buddy Holly and The Crickets,[14] and they became "The Beatals" for the first few months of the year.[15][16] In May 1960 they undertook a brief tour of Scotland, as backing group for pop singer Johnny Gentle.[17] After trying other names including "Johnny and the Moondogs", "Long John and The Beetles" and "The Silver Beatles", the band finally became "The Beatles" in August."
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Beetles music - 09/14/11 03:11 PM
Watching the Beatles Anthology, all of the popular groups at the time had some fancy-smancy names, so Beatles was changed to Silver Beatles in an attempt to keep up with the Jones.
Posted By: Murph Re: Beetles music - 09/14/11 07:37 PM
The Jones? Never heard of em. What record label were they under?
Posted By: J. B. Re: Beetles music - 09/14/11 08:07 PM
i think he means "the Joneses", an expression meaning to do what everyone else is doing or better.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Beetles music - 09/14/11 08:13 PM
Si. Oui, oui. I was wonder if I was spelling it correctly at the time, but Jones looked right to me.
Posted By: fredk Re: Beetles music - 09/15/11 02:20 AM
The Joneses? Say, wasn't that the Negative Orange 'me too' album?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Beetles music - 09/15/11 12:22 PM
I don't know, but I'll bet CV has a video copy of the copyright infringement trial depositions to prove it!
Posted By: Murph Re: Beetles music - 09/15/11 02:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Murph
The Jones? Never heard of em. What record label were they under?

I know, I was being silly. I'll try harder next time.
© Axiom Message Boards