Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Emzdogz a way to describe how I feel about my M50's - 12/14/11 12:00 AM
Am using my M3's along with an (probably) ill-placed sub for my TV. But my audio-only system uses my M50's, purchased ...oh several months ago.

A handful of times switching from system to system, it has nearly caused my jaw to drop. Let me just say that the M50's are also not optimally placed due to my extremely small and cluttered room.

And yet: the M50's are, I would say, "instruments". They are like my 1959 acoustic guitar which is wonderfully dried out and light and just "hums". The M50's simply jump to life. They sing. They play. They are instruments.

ok that's all. I love them. Wish I had more time off to just sit and listen.

It's as if these speakers are alive, when fed the signal.
I don't know about math and cabinet formula, but these guys have it going on.
Em, your posts always make me smile.
thanks for listening.... smile
so glad you are enjoying your 50's, that is one Axiom I have never heard..
Em, that is awesome! I'm glad your are enjoying your M50s so much. Sounds like they just "work" in your room.
Em, the M50s aren't one of Axiom's top sellers, and it's great that you gave that pair a good home. In turn they're making a special effort to make you happy with their beautiful sound.
Thanks for sharing the joy.
I noticed that the M50's don't seem to be one of the main speakers - that there aren't as many reviews, for example.

In my little space they are amazing they just get up and sing, and without any train wreck type of sound. Other floorstanders I've had just didn't work for me.

I feel so fortunate to have finally found my speaker now. For the first time in my life, I feel no need whatsoever to upgrade. They allow the music I listen to to sound just great.

It's so bizarre - not to want or feel the need for new speakers, for once. Every once in a while I get lazy and forget how good they are and I just run my music through my TV system - which sounds good, too. Been then when I go ahead and switch over to the audio system, it just blows me away.

Have you ever met people who could just naturally "dance"? like they have a real talent? that's what I want to say about these speakers. they're "talented". Now I know for sure when something sounds a little dead, or like a wet blanket, that it's my source material.

Again, I just feel really fortunate to have them. I almost didn't get them, because I thought they would be too large.
Great post, Auntie Em! "Talented!" Now there's a good word. They sing; I dance.

Glad you're still hot for them M's. I am.
Axioms' new tag line: "These don't have any train wreck type of sound"!

I love it! smile
Posted By: Jc Re: a way to describe how I feel about my M50's - 12/14/11 09:26 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Axioms' new tag line: "These don't have any train wreck type of sound"!

Except for the movie Super 8 !
I'd be surprised if Axiom sold a speaker that didn't sound good.

laugh
I'm sure that as much R&D good components hard work goes into all Axiom products. We just don't hear as much about M50's. It's like the big brother who plays in the NHL and the little brother who only went to the world championships. They are both gifted!!

On a side note my whole family is blown away by my M50's even my ex wife who has my M3's.
I'd love to hear new M50s. My older ones are great, but my newer M80s are quite a bit better. I suspect the newer M50s have had a pretty large jump in sound over my old ones.
© Axiom Message Boards