Axiom Home Page
Posted By: sidvicious02 thanks everyone!!! - 08/09/03 09:51 PM
I'd like to thank everyone on the forum for all your help over the past couple of months. Looks like the transformation has begun on my new HT setup. I just finished purchasing a set of demo M60tis. They were a steal @ www.canadianhifi.com I dealt with Dylan & Rob who were great. Speakers arrived yesterday and, despite being demos, were flawless (I almost wondered if they sent me brand new by mistake). They have a bunch of other models they're clearing out too.

All I can say is WOW! Vast improvement over my old JBL floorstanders. Everything sounds so 'accurate'. Unbelievably clean. I used to listen to all my 2 channel music with the sub on, but I could easily get used to it without. I'm going to have to take this week off work. I've got 400+ cds I need to experience all over again!

Looks like the next project is to upgrade from the receiver (maybe next month or 2). I was planning on a Anthem MCA50 to power, but I'm going to try a few different options on a pre/pro. I'm going to do comparisons between a Rotel RSP1066 (or 1055), NAD T752, and something budget, maybe a Yamaha RXV-630 or Marantz 4300 or Pioneer 712. Should be interesting and I'm looking forward to hearing the difference!

Sorry about the long post everyone, I just wanted to share my happiness with everyone on the forum.

Thanks again
Scott
Posted By: Haoleb Re: thanks everyone!!! - 08/09/03 10:13 PM
which JBL speakers did you have before. You sound almost like me when i got my axioms. swicthing from my JBL nd310's
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: thanks everyone!!! - 08/09/03 10:18 PM
they were HLS 820s. About 3-1/2 y.o. Served me pretty well for my first dive into HT. How long ago did you make the switch?
Posted By: Haoleb Re: thanks everyone!!! - 08/10/03 12:02 AM
8 months and id never go back. no way.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: thanks everyone!!! - 08/11/03 12:22 AM
agreed, whole-heartedly!!!! I think I've listened to Hotel California about 10 times already. What a great sound!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: thanks everyone!!! - 08/11/03 05:06 PM
That reminds me of a time in high school when some classmates and I were filming a video for a German class assignment. We used Hotel California for the soundtrack. Being amateur actors, we had many, many takes -- so we ended up putting the song on repeat.

I vowed never to listen to the song again after that day. Somehow I wasn't able to keep that promise.
© Axiom Message Boards