Axiom Home Page
Posted By: PerfectDrug M22 v3 for bedroom setup - 01/31/12 01:55 AM
How would these do for a medium sized bedroom setup without a sub? Wondering if they have enough bass response. Would be for music only.
Posted By: JohnK Re: M22 v3 for bedroom setup - 01/31/12 03:55 AM
PD, as I've mentioned here before, until I got my EP500 I had a much less capable sub and often listened to music with the M22s handling the bass. There was good response in-room to about 50Hz and much weaker, but still usable response to about 40Hz. This is adequate for most music(pipe organ excluded)which rarely has very low bass content. You should get similar music enjoyment through M22s in your situation.
Posted By: PerfectDrug Re: M22 v3 for bedroom setup - 02/01/12 10:31 PM
Originally Posted By: JohnK
PD, as I've mentioned here before, until I got my EP500 I had a much less capable sub and often listened to music with the M22s handling the bass. There was good response in-room to about 50Hz and much weaker, but still usable response to about 40Hz. This is adequate for most music(pipe organ excluded)which rarely has very low bass content. You should get similar music enjoyment through M22s in your situation.

What finish did you have? I am considering the cherry wood with bordeaux finish.
Posted By: JohnK Re: M22 v3 for bedroom setup - 02/02/12 02:55 AM
I have the standard Boston Cherry, and it's quite attractive, only very close inspection showing it to be a vinyl veneer. The cherry/bordeaux/semi gloss wood veneer is very attractive, slightly darker than the Boston Cherry. The question is of course whether the added elegance is worth the $220 premium to you.
Posted By: PerfectDrug Re: M22 v3 for bedroom setup - 02/02/12 03:18 AM
I do like the look of the real wood. Will have to decide on the price.
© Axiom Message Boards