Axiom Home Page
Posted By: PerfectDrug M22's on the way - 02/13/12 03:19 AM
Ordered my first set of Axiom's today. A pair of M22's in cherry wood with bordeaux semi gloss finish. After a few months of reading forums and reviews I figured it was time to pull the trigger. I hope they look and sound as good as I've been reading.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: M22's on the way - 02/13/12 04:09 AM
The wait begins. It is bittersweet smile I assure you they will not dissapoint,bear in mind garbage in garbage out. These speakers are revealing.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: M22's on the way - 02/13/12 04:20 AM
Hope you enjoy your Axioms as much as I do....
Posted By: JohnK Re: M22's on the way - 02/13/12 04:26 AM
Very good, PD; play good music and they'll sound great.
Posted By: PerfectDrug Re: M22's on the way - 02/13/12 04:41 AM
Originally Posted By: Socketman
The wait begins. It is bittersweet smile I assure you they will not dissapoint,bear in mind garbage in garbage out. These speakers are revealing.

My sources are lossless wav files and cds. I'm looking forward to it!
Posted By: Lampshade Re: M22's on the way - 02/13/12 05:11 AM
But they could be perfect lossless wav files and cds that were poorly recorded. smile Think of playing an 8 track tape and recording what was coming out of the speakers at some fancy resolution. Have fun with the new speakers.
Posted By: jakewash Re: M22's on the way - 02/13/12 06:10 AM
Congrats on the new purchase, I am sure you will enjoy them and rediscover your music collection, sadly you may find some of your music doesn't sound as good as you thought.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: M22's on the way - 02/13/12 12:49 PM
Oh, oh. I started by buying a single set of M22's somewhere around 3 years ago. Problem is, I'm still buying speakers.
Posted By: Murph Re: M22's on the way - 02/13/12 03:29 PM
Gratz PD!! I'm confident the wait will be worth it.
Posted By: PerfectDrug Re: M22's on the way - 02/14/12 01:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Lampshade
But they could be perfect lossless wav files and cds that were poorly recorded. smile Think of playing an 8 track tape and recording what was coming out of the speakers at some fancy resolution. Have fun with the new speakers.

I mostly listen to all electronic music, artists like Amon Tobin, Flying Lotus, DJ Shadow, etc....among others. I am wondering how different music like this will sound on these speakers. My old set of speakers were Nuance speakers that were purchased in 92, and a cheap set of Cerwin Vegas. They were both way too boomy and distorted most of the music. So inaccurate that I am currently using a set of small Denon bookshelf speakers.
Posted By: jakewash Re: M22's on the way - 02/15/12 05:03 AM
You are moving to a detailed speaker and to many they lack bass output. Are you going to be running a sub with these speakers? If not you may want to bump up the bass settings in your receiver, but try them out on their own first. I know when I play some bass heavy songs the M22s work great but if the bass is mediocre to weak you notice the bass is lacking, bumping up the bass setting in the receiver helps out with these perceived lack of bass.
Posted By: dakkon Re: M22's on the way - 02/15/12 05:56 AM
PerfectDrug, how big is the room you are going to be using your M22's in?

I have a pair of speakers that are similar to the m3's that i use in my bedroom, i have an 8" subwoofer in the bedroom and it fills in the low's that the bookshelf's are not able to play.

Enjoy your new speakers!
Posted By: FireGuy Re: M22's on the way - 02/16/12 01:45 AM
Congrats on your purchase PD. I think you're going to be impressed while listening to electronic cuts on the M22's. Synth music is usually very well recorded in all frequencies and given the rather revealing signature (as mentioned earlier) of these speakers it will be a great experience for years to come. I run with an Outlaw sub and haven't looked back. Try Armin Van Buuren...he's good in the electronica genre also.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: M22's on the way - 02/16/12 02:38 AM
Of course you have to listen to The Perfect Drug by NIN.
Posted By: PerfectDrug Re: M22's on the way - 02/16/12 03:47 AM
Originally Posted By: jakewash
You are moving to a detailed speaker and to many they lack bass output. Are you going to be running a sub with these speakers? If not you may want to bump up the bass settings in your receiver, but try them out on their own first. I know when I play some bass heavy songs the M22s work great but if the bass is mediocre to weak you notice the bass is lacking, bumping up the bass setting in the receiver helps out with these perceived lack of bass.

I currently don't own a sub, but I may add one down the road. I'll see how they perform without one first.

Originally Posted By: dakkon
PerfectDrug, how big is the room you are going to be using your M22's in?

I have a pair of speakers that are similar to the m3's that i use in my bedroom, i have an 8" subwoofer in the bedroom and it fills in the low's that the bookshelf's are not able to play.

Enjoy your new speakers!

Right now they will be going in a small apartment size living room. When I move in the fall I will have a much larger room for them to go in. Either as my bedroom setup, or in the living room with a sub. Looking forward to re-hearing all my old music!

Originally Posted By: FireGuy
Congrats on your purchase PD. I think you're going to be impressed while listening to electronic cuts on the M22's. Synth music is usually very well recorded in all frequencies and given the rather revealing signature (as mentioned earlier) of these speakers it will be a great experience for years to come. I run with an Outlaw sub and haven't looked back. Try Armin Van Buuren...he's good in the electronica genre also.

How do you like your Outlaw sub? I've heard good things about their products.

Originally Posted By: BlueJays1

I have that disc waiting.
Posted By: FireGuy Re: M22's on the way - 02/17/12 06:51 PM
Absolutely impressed with my Outlaw sub (LFM1+) since the day I got it. As I understand it, these subs were actually designed with the help of Dr. Hsu so it has many design elements as the Hsu product line. I initially wanted to go the Axiom route but my room size and budget considerations steered me away. It's robust and nimble when called upon. On some movies and music is seems to go every bit of the rated 18Hz. There's also a seamless presentation with the M22v3's that you just can't ignore. My personal recommendation.
Posted By: SBrown Re: M22's on the way - 02/18/12 02:06 AM
Seems like the Outlaw's hire some good help! Thanks, will be looking into their stuff very soon.
Posted By: INANE Re: M22's on the way - 02/28/12 07:05 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueJays1

seconded
Posted By: PerfectDrug Re: M22's on the way - 03/17/12 04:32 AM
Just received my speakers today. Fed Ex dropped them off this afternoon, and I rushed home to open them up and take a look. The first thing I see is about a 4 inch hairline scratch below the grill on one of the speakers. Not what I was expecting from a custom wood finish. Did I get a B grade wood speaker? Thinking of sending them back, or at least complaining for some money back due to the sub-par quality control.
Posted By: dakkon Re: M22's on the way - 03/17/12 04:40 AM
call axiom, Brent or JC, either one will be able to help you out... sorry to hear about the scratch... i'm sure they will rectify the situation...
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: M22's on the way - 03/17/12 12:10 PM
Perfect, that's really, really unusual! It looks like it came from the factory like that? (I assume you would have mentioned if the box were mangled by the courier!)

But yes, call Axiom!
Posted By: PerfectDrug Re: M22's on the way - 03/20/12 02:11 AM
The box was not damaged from shipping. I have JC looking into it. Overall, not completely impressed with the wood finish I have. Maybe it's just the set I received. Does anyone know if I can return within the 30 days to upgrade to say the M50 in stock finish?
Posted By: Lampshade Re: M22's on the way - 03/20/12 03:05 AM
Years ago, I ordered a set of speakers that came with a large scratch. I could not believe that Axiom would miss it and I was upset. It turns out that customs did it.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: M22's on the way - 03/20/12 03:37 PM

© Axiom Message Boards