Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Goondu Help!!!! - 08/12/03 01:51 PM
I am planning to buy an Axiom speaker. The problem is I don't know which to choose.
My room is about 250 sq ft. I am using a Musical Fidelity A3 setup - Amp and CDP.
I am torn between the bookshelf and floorstanding. I like my music fast (bookshelf) and my room is small (bookshelf again). On the other hand, I love my music with deep bass with extension (floorstanding).
So in bookshelf - M3 vs M22
in Floorstanding - M40
So which will it be?
Music taste - I listen to everything - Pop, Rock, Vocal and Jazz
Help!!!
Thanks
Posted By: twodan19 Re: Help!!!! - 08/12/03 02:12 PM
m22, w/sub gets my vote.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Help!!!! - 08/12/03 04:17 PM
Yep...your room is a bit on the small side for a pair of M60's. I'd throw a pair of M22ti's or even the M3ti in there - pair them up with a nice sub. (Dare I suggest the Hsu VTF-2 again?)

Normally I highly recommend the M22ti, but if you listen to a lot of Pop and Rock, the M3ti may be better suited for you. The M22ti is SUPER clear and accurate - an amazing speaker for well recorded, well engineered music, but not forgiving at all of poorly recorded music, which unfortunately many Pop and Rock albums are.

Posted By: Goondu Re: Help!!!! - 08/12/03 04:40 PM
Not keen on using a sub. Just want a speaker with good bass extension.
From what I gather, axiom is a bit weak on bass. Am I right?
Posted By: Goondu Re: Help!!!! - 08/12/03 04:42 PM
Not keen on using a sub. Just want a speaker with good bass extension.
From what I gather, axiom is a bit weak on bass. Am I right?

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Help!!!! - 08/12/03 04:47 PM
You'd only be right when speaking of the M22 and smaller. Their tower models have good bass extension.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Help!!!! - 08/12/03 06:37 PM
What's the reasoning behind not wanting a sub?
Posted By: Goondu Re: Help!!!! - 08/13/03 03:52 PM
Well, partly the room is small. And partly I don't like a subwoofer lying around - unsightly.
Anyway, how does one connect a subwoofer to a 2 channel stereo amp?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Help!!!! - 08/13/03 04:17 PM
2 choices-speaker level or from the tape outs, or something equivalent. (not the pre-outs) I ran mine this way for years.

Posted By: Goondu Re: Help!!!! - 08/13/03 04:20 PM
how does one run from a speaker to a sub? Run another pair of wires from the speaker?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Help!!!! - 08/13/03 04:23 PM
No. On certain models of subs (ones with speaker outs/ins) you would run the speaker cables from the receiver/amp to the sub, then run cables from the hi-outs to the speakers. On other models (like mine), you would just run the sub off of the speaker B outputs. I didn't like the sound of that, and it doesn't make sense to me to take an amplified signal and drop it down, then amp it up again, so I opted for the tape out method.
© Axiom Message Boards